News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Newbie here.

Started by landon_king, 2007-05-01 11:19

Previous topic - Next topic

landon_king

Hello everybody. I'm Landon. I live out in west Texas in a little town known best for its "Worlds Largest Rattlesnake Roundup". Good 'ol Sweetwater, now watch your step. I have recently acquired a '57 2dr Ranch Wagon for my wife and I. I had to get her input on the car because I wanted her to be as happy driving a classic as I am. I have been a classic car junkie for quite a while now thanks to my stepfather and that really brought me and him closer as family. My wife couldn't "get" what the whole big deal was about owning a classic. We sat down and really figured out what we wanted in a car. It was in no time I got a call from my stepdad to go check out a car. I bought the beast that day. The fellow selling it also had a 2dr Edsel wagon but he refused to sell, to the dismay of my stepdad. We loaded the beast up on a trailer and drug it back across Texas and boy did we get the looks. The car has sat out in a yard for who knows how long and is weathered but it still could catch people's eyes. That's when I knew I had made the right decision to buy. When we got home I could see the grin on my wife's face. Now she gets it. Anyway, I joined up here to get advice and be able to talk with other owners. I am a young sprout so I hope to lean on some of the old dogs for help. I have just started purchasing parts for the rebuild from eBay and other various internet and magazine sources. Wolfpupsdad, I think I was in a bidding war with you for a windshield from Vic. He told me had another he could sell you though. I have also bought a NOS tube grille, not the pencil thin but the old large tube, and the 56 truck rings for the headlight french. The goal for the car is to remain semi stock looking with the obvious modern upgrades and conveniences, IE. steering, brakes, suspension. I don't have any photos yet but I hope to make a photo documented progress report. I have seen some things that I like but can't seem to track down. I really like the single chrome molding from front to back and a one piece window to replace the slider behind the doors. I have probably bored y'all to tears so I'll get off here. It's nice to be here. Thanks.

wolfpupsdad

welcome to our lil family web site. i'm kind of a newbie here my self. but just jumped in asking questions and got good answers. a good bunch of people.

RAWms

Landon,
Welcome aboard!   Looking forward to watching the progress reports.  As an Ole Dog we like the young sprouts to keep this hobby alive.  btw, my nephews name is Landon.

Good luck and keep that camera handy.  You can not take enough pictures.
r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

57 Ford Kustom

Roger :006:

Speak for your self about being a Old Dog. I like to think of us as worlds oldest teenagers.
    Landon sounds like you are off to a good start , one thing about us here is some people like them stock, some like them fast and others like me like them kustomized in a suttle way. So don't be afraid to ask there is no such thing as a stupid question .

T 8)M    :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

meteor

Landon, welcome. I too am pretty new to the whole scene, snuffed my Ranchero project half way through (long story) and also just bought a Ranch Wagon to replace it. This is a great place to learn, really great guys with no attitude and a sincere willingness to help.

Best of luck with the project and as Roger stated, the camera can be your best friend so take pics of absolutely everything and make notes.

Speaking of pics...let's see what your ride looks like!
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

FORDNUT

Welcome aboard. This is one great bunch of folks who are more than willing to share advice. Some of it is even correct! You are about to contract a disease you will never want to cure. Again, WELCOME.
At my age I am not required to act mature.

Fairlane500Ron

Welcome Landon,

Nice to have new members.
Will help if I can.
Ranch wagons seem to be getting popular.
Ron

wolfpupsdad

i personally always thought the ranch wagon 55,56,57 was fords answer to the chevy nomad, tho ford made a ranchwagon in 54 and 53 too, i think. oh well , again i personally think the ford has better lines then the chevy's did and besides all that , everyone wanted a chevy cept us ford nutz.
goota be different to be cool.