News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

3 manual steering boxes for sale, trade or . . .

Started by BBoswell, 2014-07-07 14:54

Previous topic - Next topic

BBoswell

I have 3 different manual steering boxes left over from my recent power steering conversions.

1) The steering box out of my 57 Ranchero. The shaft has been cut off and converted to a DD for use with a modern tilt steering column. It will need to be rebuilt. Comes with pitman arm.

2) A Steering box out of another 57 that I was going to put in my Ranchero. Original with shaft. Works very smoothly with two fingers. No rough spots. Will need at least the top steering shaft seal replaced (leaks when you lay it on it's side). It does not have a pitman arm.

3) And I have an almost new 63-64 Galaxy steering box that I purchased in July of last year to replace the original box in my Ranchero. I installed it in September and it was a bolt-in installation. It worked great . . . really nice tight steering. Then I bought a Custom 300 with power steering . . . and after that I had to have power steering in the Ranchero. I installed a rack and pinion kit in the Ranchero in January and now I have this practically new manual steering box I don't need. It comes with the pitman arm and a Borgeson u-joint (1 inch x 48 spline). I had it listed previously and thought it was sold. Buyer came by and gave me a deposit then never came back for it . . . and his number is no longer good. I'm located in central Oregon. Purchased the unit outright (no exchange) from ABS Power Brake, Inc. in Orange, CA. Paid $350 for the steering box plus shipping. Literally has less than 300 miles on it.

Make me an offer on any or all of the above. Cash is always nice, but I am a trader . . . and I'm still looking for a lift-up tonneau cover (without snaps) for my Ranchero. I could also use either one of the old looking modern radio conversions with vertical line trim plate . . . or a vertical line radio delete trim plate so I can use a remote radio.

I may have some other small stuff laying around so if you looking for something specific drop me a line and I'll check.

BBoswell

The Galaxy box has been sold.

If you have a need for the either of the old Ford steering boxes let me know. I would hate to toss them out but I need to make some room in my garage so how does FREE sound? If you are interested and in this area (Eugene, OR) drop me an email and we can make arrangements for pick up . . . and if not in the area just send me your address and pay the shipping.