News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Current pics and old build pics

Started by 05gt, 2011-01-23 14:27

Previous topic - Next topic

05gt

Right before winter, I drove the 57' down to my familys old garage (now a construction company), and took some pictures. Thought I'd post them up and share.

And heres one of the garage and my grandfather (left) from back in 62

A couple of old build pics I came across from the early to mid 90's.

Frankenstein57

That is just cool, you are the guy that has grandpas 57 right?  Do him proud!   Mark

RICH MUISE

love that car, and the garage as it was when it was a gulf station....and getting the kids involved..way to go.
What part of the country you from?
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

05gt

Yes, I have my grandfathers fairlane now. Hard to beleive I've had it for 10 years now actually! And the getting the kids involved, that was me about 20 years ago. He had me come over and stay for a weekend and had me build the 312 myself. He stood there and told me what to do, but actually had to assemble it myself. (maybe thast why she runs rough from time to time now, lol!)

He and the rest of my family are what got me into cars. Hope that I am making them proud.....because I'm proud of what we built as a family.  Also, I'm from sunny and beatiful ohio. (A tad bit of sarcasim there on the sunny part.....it's currently -6 F outside)

tarheel57

You should be proud of your work,very nice ride,good job. Tarheel57  :burnout:

shopratwoody

Nice looking 57. Mine was my Grandfathers also. Very Cool :001:
I hate blocksanding!

BAMA_57

Great looking '57. And great that you got to keep the car in the family.
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer

geraldchainsaw

i've always like that style trim,     that was on the first 57 i owned back in 1959, also the 1st car i've ever painted,    had painters supply make me up 2 gal of paint,   went to my grandfathers coal yard,  painted it in the yard next to a field,  remember now this was my first paint job,   ran out of paint had to go back and get another gal,   turned out pretty good,  had to take out a lot of field burrs,  if i can find the pictures,  i'll post them,   jerry