News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New member, a few pics.

Started by 45Shooter, 2013-05-27 23:56

Previous topic - Next topic

45Shooter

New member here, new to '57 Fords so I'll be asking a dumb question or 2.
I took the '57 as partial trade on the '51 F1.
The '57 has a 427 Windsor, dual 4 barrells, Richmond 5 speed.

45Shooter

So far I've rewired the entire car using a street rod universal harness.
And repainted the dash and garnish mouldings. None of the factory guages worked so I made a panel and installed Autometer guages, also welded in a filler between the guage panel and glove box to make it slick all the way across.

BWhitmore

WOW, very nice.  I really like the "sleeper" look.  Very nice craftsmanship on the dash.  Bill Whitmore

RICH MUISE

Welcome to the site. As much as I love '57 Fords, I would have had a hard time giving up that F1. Awesome vehicles though...both of them. Love the look of the B/W..great job on cleaning up the dash. Engine copartment look awesome with that 427.
Looks like both ends of that trade got a great deal.
Just a heads up..sometime this "members rides" board gets overlooked, so if your responses and welcomes are light.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

LAUDY57

Looks Great! You could be in that Moonshine Run with just a few Mason Jars in the back!
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

45Shooter

Thanks guys. It was VERY tough to give up the F1, took close to 7 years to build it, won best of show trophies just about every time it was entered, took a top 25 at the Year One /Chip Foose show.
The '57 and a bucket of cash talked me out of it. The '57 is way more fun to drive.

57AGIN

45Shooter:

Great looking ride and topped off with a 427, nice score.  Having fun with your hobby/passion is really what it is all about.  Your dash craftsmanship is excellent.  It is my bet that before too long you will have added your personal touches to the 57 that will really make it "YOURS."  Welcome to the site and our somewhat single minded group of 57 enthusiasts.

Bob
57 AGIN

JPotter57

Love it...Black and White one of my favorite color schemes...plus the 427 Windsor and 5 speed, almost like my last Custom.That is a very sharp car...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

F570RD

Frankenstein57

Very nice, that style is pretty much the car of choice around here. Mark

BAMA_57

'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer

Ecode70D

That car is beautiful.  I sure do like those Customs