News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wedding Driver

Started by 57AGIN, 2014-12-19 21:20

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Guys:

After seeing the Prom night photos I thought I'd tell your about my wedding night experience.  No not MY Wedding Night, but a total strangers.  I was on my way to a local Friday night car show some time back in my 57 and I saw someone trying to wave me down to tell me something. This guy dressed in a Tux had finally got my attention, so I pulled over and he told me his problem.  Seems like he was to be the "Best Man" at a Buddy's wedding and on the way to the wedding the groom's freshly restored 21 window VW Bus broke down.  The VW just couldn't hold the wedding party high enough off the tires and two of them blew out after traveling only a couple of miles.  He asked me if I would be willing to transport the Bride & Groom from the wedding being held at the same Church my wife goes to about 20 miles to the reception cruise in Newport Beach, CA.  I thought, what the heck I can go to a car show just about any night of the week, but driving a couple of newly weds to their wedding reception would be kind of neat.  And it was. The Groom is a City of Los Angeles Firefighter and his crew and friends had gone all out to make the wedding really special.  Following the wedding a Piper in Kilts piped them out of the Church and down the steps to my 57.  Meanwhile, the wedding party, invited guests and several photographers were busy taking after wedding photos, throwing rice and comments to the newly weds.  Later after the inside the church photos were taken it was time for getting into the back seat of my 57, no small trick due to the wedding gown. After a bunch of those photos we took off for Newport Beach, driving down Pacific Coast Highway through Huntington Beach and then driving out onto Balboa Island in Newport Beach where the Reception Cruise ship was waiting for them to cruise around Newport Harbor.  As I pulled up to let them out at the Reception, they asked me to open the headers and needless to say I was happy to oblige.  All in all a great way to spend a Friday night cruising in my 57 and helping out a couple of newly weds.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

I surely don't know why the first two photos get turned sideways when opened.

Bob

lalessi1

What a great story. Thanks for sharing!
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Ahhh... the benifits of NOT driving a rat rod. That was great of you to do that for them...you'll be part of their life story forever. Good looking bride, btw.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

junior58

Like my Prom night, it's a really cool feeling to be able to use your car to make someones event special, even more so in your case being a knight in shining armor, you were able to rescue the day for them.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

65kcode

That is a great story. Having been to many a fire fighters weddings, I'm sure it was a great time! :001: