News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

frame to radiator support measurement

Started by farquharson, 2019-01-07 06:22

Previous topic - Next topic

farquharson

does anyone have the measurement from the frame to the bottom of the radiator support where it bolts to the frame I do not have any of the shims or spring and am trying to mock up the fenders for door jam clearance.

Thanks Mike

gasman826

hang the fenders FIRST and THEN shim the core support

lalessi1

Lynn

RICH MUISE

Mike..........as the referenced service bulletin will show, there is no set dimension that you had asked for. That's the point where the front end sheetmetal assembly is shimmed/adjusted to line up the fenders, etc. with the main body. If you don't have any of the bolt/shim/spring components and you're just looking for a starting point to begin assembling front sheetmetal, I can check to see where mine is just as a rough reference.
I may be leaving shortly for a '57 roadtrip and I will be stopping at a friends place in Lawton, OK who I think is parting out some '57's I'll check to see if he has the shims, bolts, and important spring that you're missing. I will be back late tommorrow.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

farquharson

thank you I have shimed mine up to where the gaps look good but I have about an 1 1/4" spacing seems like a lot.
thanks

RICH MUISE

Mine is about 5/8................so half where yours is, however, over 60 years, that "skid plate" designed bracket,  on mine, or anybody's could have easily been distorted from hitting a high curb, so who knows?? That 5/8 is to she sheet metal bracket, not the 1/8" thick plate welded to the top of it.
My friend in Lawton was not answering his phone, so I didn't get to stop by his shop Monday. I did stop by Owen's Salvage in Wellington, Tx also, but Bob wasn't there. Bob may have a set of hardware.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

farquharson

Thank you so much I will try to call them and see if they have the parts.

Mike