News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Granada disc brake swap HELP

Started by delrio wagon, 2009-03-26 18:11

Previous topic - Next topic

delrio wagon

I just bought a 76 granada with all brake components. I have read all the archives I could get to and all the links do not open anymore. I would be greatly appreciative of the ins and outs of the swap. I am installing in a 57 del rio with factory power brakes. Would I be better off with an external power brake booster? Can the rack and tie rod ends from the granada be used on the 57 ford to obtain power steering? Does the granada setup drop the front end? When I start a project like this there is always the unknown little parts and changes needed. I would like to gather all my parts, know how, etc at the same time and install all at once. Thanks for any help given.

57 Ford Kustom

Hi :006:
  The spindles will bolt on after you have the lower ball joint hole reamed, ( cost me $30 at a local machine shop). It sounds like you got a whole car if so SAVE the wheels original wheels will not fit on the center hub and not sure about caliper clearance. I have a 76 Granada non power master cyl. Stops good. do not forget the proportional valve. Not sure on tie rod ends but people say the center link will work with a spacer between the idler arm and frame. The spindles will drop the front about 1 1/2"

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

shopratwoody

On mine the tie rod end holes in the steer arms had to be reamed. Ball joints fit good. Mine has a
72 Torino spindles. Some say the Torino spindles swap won't align. Going on a machine soon :003:
Ron
BTW like Tom said, save the wheels.
I hate blocksanding!