News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Brake Booster issues

Started by JPotter57, 2006-12-10 17:56

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Power brake booster  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark Termyna
'57 Ford aficionado
(11/13/01 8:33 pm)
Reply Late Model Brake Booster Needed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm looking for a late model brake booster to go with a Granada front disk conversion, preferably something I can purchase from a parts store rather than a high dollar unit from a specialty brake company, any suggestions?

Edited by: Mark Termyna at: 11/14/01 3:21:50 pm

RCSignals
RanchWagon57
(11/13/01 10:16 pm)
ezSupporter

Re: Late Model Brake Booster Needed
Master Power Brakes, as well as Stainless Steel Brakes Corporation, advertise a modern type booster for use on '57 Fords.

RCSignals
RanchWagon57
(11/14/01 4:34 pm)
ezSupporter

Re: Late Model Brake Booster Needed
Mark,

You could always ask either of those places what they use for boosters. As a 'potential' customer they should tell you what you would be buying.
Have you priced them at SSBC?

onecool57
'57 Ford aficionado
(11/19/01 10:26 am)
Reply Re: Late Model Brake Booster Needed
I used the booster, master cylinder and proportion valve off the 79 Granada donor car. Worked well, only had to extend the push rod used the eye off the original 57 rod. Redrilled the four mounting bolts for the booster and installed real easy. The main concern will be maybe clearance between the valve cover and booster. I've got a built 400 in mine and only had 3/8 of an inch clearance using stock style valve covers. If any one has done this with an FE block I would like to know if there is clearance I'm already starting my dream motor FE and 4 speed. YOU KNOW SOME HOT RODS NEVER GROW UP. Earlier I left a help message about having a problem with my conversion. I do appreciate the responses from the folks in the club. Results of the problem: drove it for couple weeks and bleed them once more and it seemed to have cured it's self aren't Fords wonderful.

gregyoung
`57 Enthusiast

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:    

I have an fe 428 with a booster in it .You have to use standard valve covers and it will clear.

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.