News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Disc Brakes 1

Started by JPotter57, 2006-12-10 17:57

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

callback
`57 Enthusiast

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: granada disc brakes   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im doing the granada discs and I have the m/c mounted with the proportioning valve plumbed in now Im doing the spindles rotors and calipers the problem is either way I put the calipers the brake hose is facing foward and looks like it will get in the way of the lower a arm and rubber bump stop when it moves up and down or its aiming down and almost kinks and hits the lower a arm when you turn the spindle. Can someone post a close up of the caliper and hose hookup on a completed conversion, Ive already checked out wurthit designs and the old posts pictures and you dont get a clear shot of that area.thanks

fairlane500ron
`57 Enthusiast

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Brake Line Routing   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran the left hose forward, mounted the bracket removed from behind the
wheel, made a new line from the dist block , ran it fwd behind the
w/s washer bag and down and out to the newly located bracket.

I'll try to get you some pics this weekend if I get home.

Ron

callback
`57 Enthusiast

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: granada discs   

I ended up using the granada brake hose brackets I took off the car that I pulled the disk setup off of. I mounted them in front of the a-arm and ran new brake lines from the proportioning valve, works great no binding or sharp bends in the hoses and stays clear of the rubber bump stops when you turn the wheel, thanks for the responce.

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.