News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 fresh air duct

Started by glenmichael, 2018-03-05 08:33

Previous topic - Next topic

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, still removing the interior pcs. I found the passenger side air duct packed with mouse bedding, no wonder the flap would not open. The drivers side missing all together, are they the same? Does anyone have one for sale or can point me in the right direction?  Thanks

Ray

I've got a pair, the question (as usual) iis if I can find them. I'll let you know.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

gasman826

were you thinking about AC?  If you install a Vintage Air Gen IV unit, you will block off the right vent.  I drove the Custom several summers with just the left vent.  I never complained!

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, At this time I'd like to hook up the fresh air ducts and remove the heater and box also the fan motor and box and install delete plates on the fire wall for now. I also need the two delete plates, the list goes on! Once I start driving the car that AC might sound good.

lalessi1

A member jegsr had the delete plates repopped. He sold his '57 stuff.... Randy Conner may have bought them?

http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=6865.0
Lynn

rmk57

The dash delete plate is also available to complete the whole heater delete thing.

https://www.redvenomrepros.com/ford
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, Thanks for the information, I looked at both sites. The first was for (grill deflector panels)? The second is a plastic repo that can be finished, I take it the real Dash Delete Plate piece is hard to find? Thanks again for helping..

rmk57

The problem with finding a dash delete plate is 90% of them had a hole drilled in the center for a fan switch when they were retro fitted later for a heater. I looked for months and gave up when I found the reproduction ones become available , which is really a nice piece.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ray

found them but never mind if you don't need them
Willow Green 57 convert
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, Ray if you would be able to sell one of them to me that would be great. One day this 57 will be rolling down the road, that air flow will feel nice. Thanks

glenmichael

Hello again, rmk57, the piece from redvenomrepros, can that be finished like the radio and clock plate? Have them chromed? Thanks for the help and advice everyone!!

Ray

No problem, just send me the shipping address and pay the shipping. PM at captain-ray@sundiver.net
Willow Green 57 convert
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

Ray

Hi Glenn, I accidently deleted your address. Could you send it again? Sorry
Willow Green 57 convert
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

thomasso

If a heater was an accessory and had to be specd on the order can the plate really be called delete?
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, Wanted to Thank Ray for sending the right and left fresh air duct parts I needed. They started in Dallas, Texas then mailed from California To be used in Florida. Love It. In preparing the boxes for paint I removed the open--close flap, interesting the way things were built in 1957!! I'll try to replace the rubber after paint..