News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 fresh air duct

Started by glenmichael, 2018-03-05 08:33

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasso

The rubber seal are readily available as repos.   Think I got mine from Macs.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

Ray

Now the fun starts Glen. Thanks for the plug. Most of the people I know will simply replace the staples with pop rivets. I have done a few and always resorted to re-installing the original staples by hand. No one will ever see them but I just used to be stupid. Once you get your rubber parts you can decide. Have fun! Ray
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

glenmichael

Hello everyone, I have ordered all of the replacement rubber parts and the metal pieces are cleaned and off to paint. In separating the damper pieces I could not save the original staples, I think I can make new ones from an 18 gauge finish nail. The project goes on!

gasman826

Save yourself and just glue the seals.

Ray

If you decide to be stupid like me I can send you the staples. LOL
Willow Green 57 convert
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, When I found this 57 ford it needed help. Maybe I should have looked for one in better shape but I felt this one would be the perfect candidate to build that Hot Rod I remember doing burn outs in the high school parking lot! I think I'm on my way. Ray if you have 12 extra staples that would be great, and I prefer to think of it as fun and being retired I have plenty of time to be stupid, just ask the wife..

Ray

Yah, I've got a drawer full. I'll send 12.
Willow Green 57 convert
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

thomasso

The rivets Ford used are very stiff in order to penetrate metal without pre drilling.  They are hard to bend over especially in confined spaces such as window fuzzies.  I made mine from steel welding rod.  Adequate and much easier to work with.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

glenmichael

Just an update, the fresh air ducts are back from paint. I also ordered the rubber from MAC's, the packages said, Made in USA, very nice and fit perfect. Thanks for the input and Ray for the part.. The left one is from Dallas and the right Detroit, different doors?

glenmichael

Hello Ray, Getting close I was wondering if you found time to throw those staples in an envelope? Thanks..

glenmichael

Staples in from California, perfect fit, ready to go back into car, again thanks for the help Ray.. Funny how wanting carpet would involve so many different things, the project goes on..

Ray

outstanding, looks great
Willow Green 57 convert
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird