News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

4 door hardtop window

Started by junior58, 2018-06-03 19:46

Previous topic - Next topic

junior58

I had a local glass shop cut and install a new drivers side door glass to replace my cracked one but I think they have made it too long and now the stainless at the top doesn't come close to matching up to the quarter light frame, and it's also closed up the gap between the front and rear door glass. I'm not sure if they are going to be able to cut or grind it down to size so maybe a better option would be to replace it with a good original door glass, if anyone has such a piece.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Hoosier Hurricane

I would take it back to the local shop with the stainless in hand.  If they cut it wrong, they should make it right either by shortening the glass or cutting a new one.   John

RICH MUISE

What John said. Did they have the old glass for a pattern? If it was tempered as it should have been, I don't think they will be able to reshape it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

junior58

I've spoken to the glass shop, they should be able to grind it down along the front edge so that it fits better. They did have the original one as a pattern so not sure how they got it wrong. It was done under insurance so no cost for the original job so now should be covered by their guarantee.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Ray

Next time you could check out Auto City Classic Glass. They can make the window including the original fomoco etching, date coded. The ones I have been getting recently are safety glass, not the laminated type, hence no issue of later de-lamination. Really a good supplier.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird