News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Fairlane 500 door stainless

Started by jvo, 2015-05-27 21:50

Previous topic - Next topic

jvo

I am dead in the water with my project till I get some stainless trim for both doors. I am probably going to change again as I think I found a set of Fairlane 500 doors that will have all the trim holes already in them, but the guy says they have no trim. I think it will be a lot easier than trying to weld the holes shut in the doors I have, then try to put the trim holes back in again for the Fairlane 500 trim pieces. 

When I go to weld the quarter panel behind the door with the fin on it, I need to have the trim present so I can line it up perfectly.  This is for my Ranchero turned Fairlane Ranchero project.  I could also use the trim from the doors to the taillights on top of the fins, both sides. 

It doesn't need to be perfect, I can fix the dents in it, just prefer not to have bad kinks in it.  The car will be a driver, not a show car, so if you have something laying around that you don't want to use, I could probably use it.  Thanks.

Also, if you happen to have a decent set of Fairlane 500 two door hardtop or convertible doors I might just consider driving maybe a thousand miles or so for a road trip. 
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

alvin stadel

John, I'm done restoring and have quite a bit of stainless trim parts here. I think I also have some doors, all 2DHt or RHT. I'v hauled 2 loads to the recycle, lots more to go. Hate to see it go to scrap but I have no more use for it.  Contact info = awstadel@gmail.com  or 406 855 7362,  Take care, Alvin

jvo

Thanks for the reply.  I will call you tomorrow sometime. You're not even that far away.
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)