News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ford-O-Matic adjustments question

Started by cruisin57ford, 2010-07-02 09:13

Previous topic - Next topic

cruisin57ford

Hello,  The transmission in my 57 Fairlane slips when cold and sometimes shtters harshly when first engaged.  Is there an ajustment which can be made on the exterior of the transmission to adjust bands?  This only happens in forward gear when cold and just taking off.  Once the car finally grabs 2nd gear it seems to get better to the point where it drives great.  Any and all help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Lou

The pan must be removed to get to the bands. It is outlined in the 1957 Ford car shop manual, or you can get a 1957 Ford-o-matic shop manual.

cruisin57ford

I have the 57 Ford car shop manual and from what I can see it only covers the manual transmission. 

Lou

Cruisin, sorry I just checked and you are correct, what I have is the 1956-57 Fordomatic Ford Car-Truck shop manual. What I have is a reprint and it does not have the Form number on it. It is 64 pages and I belive I got it from Concours Parts 800-722-0009. If you can't find the manual  e-mail me at hotmail, vehicleone, and I'll scan what you need and send it to you.

canadian_ranchero

does it shutter in manual low?it could be a internal trans problem and a band ajustment may not fix it