News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Taos Autumn run

Started by RICH MUISE, 2014-08-25 07:22

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

It was this past weekend, and what a great weekend I had. Taos is a great place for a car show. It wasn't real big, maybe 150 cars or so, but it's getting bigger every year. Downtown Taos, at the Plaza quite frankly is not a great place for a cruise, which they sorta had Friday night, because the highways going thru Taos are narrowed to one lane each direction in the downtown area, so it bottlenecks even in normal traffic.
Weather was perfect, it was their coldest day of the season to date, about 56 when I arrived Friday night, and low 70's Saturday morning and early afternoon. Pulling into Taos, I followed a '57 Retractable into town the last few miles. I met up with the owner and his friends Saturday at the car show. It turned out to be the only '57 Ford there, except a '57 T-Bird. The retract is owned by William Garcia, a younger guy, late 20's?, which was nice to see. Sadly, some of you guys know New Mexico is big time Chevy country, so William and his friends were quite happy to meet someone who knew and talked '57 Fords. He lives about 20 miles south of Taos. I spent a few hours with him...a lot of time talking about this forum which he didn't know about. I told him I'd post pics of his car, and he was going to check us out today. LOL, Being in Chevy country, I think William really needs this forum to talk to Ford guys!.
William does sheetmetal work on cars for a living. He found this retract a little over a year ago, a rust bucket, non running, and disassembled project. In less than a year, he rebuilt the body, got the roof working, rebuilt the drivetrain and built himself a really nice daily driver, and he dries drive it alot as long as the weather is good.
Take note of his Continental kit. It is not factory, and does not extend as far out as the OEM. I really like the tighter fit. I had some questions I forgot to ask him, so I'm hoping he'll join the Forumn.
I'm also posting pics af a Vietnam Memorial truck. Very impressive build. Attention to detail was phenominal...note the lettering on the tailgate is all raised
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

williamg4x4

Hi Rich this is William in taos. How are you? My account was activated  today. this guys are carful about not getting spammer's.  My 57 had a good run to the Alomosa CO car show. it was a great show. It is one of my favorite show they do a great job. I am gonna  go explore the site. Thank you.

RICH MUISE

Hey William! glad you joined. Yes, they thankfully do watch carefully for spammers. Glad to hear the Co. show was good, heard the same from a friend here in Amarillo.
Lots of stuff to look thru here. Any questions just ask, and don't worry about asking questions that have been asked before. With a forumn dedicated to one year of one make, it's pretty hard to avoid being redundant. If you just want to talk in general with no specific questions or comments, check out the morning coffee thread pinned to the top of the general discusion area.
I think you mentioned you had a 2dr custom you were thinking about selling?, and a Ranchwagon you were trying to buy...any luck on that?
Your friend told me he was looking for doors for a 55 or 56 wagon. 2 dr or 4 dr, and what model, and which doors....I'll check around Amarillo if he's still looking.
There may be guys on the forum that would like to know where you got the Connie kit, and I'll add it to our list of '57 Ford parts suppiers, so if you've got contact info, website, etc. let us know. Thanks!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Welcome William, nice looking 57. I wish I could get to NM more often. Never made it to Toas, spent all my time in Santa Fe, Ghost Ranch ( for the wifes benefit ) and Chama on my last trip..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang