News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Holley Carburetors

Started by Wirenut, 2018-01-31 19:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Wirenut

I'm looking for a Holly carb and have been looking at some of the rebuilt ones on Holley's website. I am wondering if any of you have bought any reconditioned from them, if so what has your experience been? I'm not sure if I want to take a chance on saving some money on a rebuilt or bite the bullet for new. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

petew

Go on eBay and type in "Holley Factory Refurbished Carburetor" you will come up with a couple of pages of carbs from Holley Performance . I have purchased 6 or 7 of these and have had no issues.
they arrive looking essentially like brand new carbs for a lot less money .
I believe they add new listings every Monday or Tuesday.
Prior to buying my first one I called and spoke with them . The carbs are units that were adjusted out of spec or had minor issues and were returned under warranty . They are completely gone through before being offered for sale.

Wirenut

The ones I have see are on eBay and also listed by Holley. I just  thought I'd check with my fellow auto enthusiast before I buy one. Thanks for sharing your experience with the carbs. Looks like a descent savings, plus warranty too.

hiball3985

I know of two people who have bought them and no issues..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Wirenut

Thanks Hiball, glad to hear.

lalessi1

I bought one. It was like new, couldn't tell the difference. It was a 850 double pumper/manual choke though.
Lynn