News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Looking for a trade for my Custom 300

Started by BBoswell, 2015-07-23 10:35

Previous topic - Next topic

BBoswell

LOOKING FOR A COMPARABLE HOT ROD TRADE
1957 Ford Custom 300

Pictures available at: http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/OregonOldie/library/1957%20Ford%20Custom%20300

I have two 1957 Fords, a Custom 300 and a ProStreet Ranchero. I'm a dyed in the wool hot rodder so I have decided to let go of the Custom 300 and put my butt back into a hot rod. With the economy the way it is I figured I would do better trading for a comparable completed hot rod rather than trying to get a portion of what I have in the car by selling it.

This is a very solid rust free Arizona car. It looks like a clean restored semi-stock 1957 Ford . . . but behind that stock look is a 460 Lincoln engine with a mild cam and some go goodies, a C6 transmission with Gennie shifter and a factory posi-traction rear end. Also out of sight are custom-built hidden traction bars and electric exhaust cut-outs.

Car was restored in 2006 and appraised in November 2008 for $25,500.00. A copy of the appraisal is attached. As the appraisal would indicate, the car was in exceptional condition when I purchased it. Since buying the car a lot of time and money has been put into giving it the proper stance and making it not only dependable but also fun to drive.

It is not a show car but as close as you can get for a car I drive almost every day. I do not drive it in rainy or stormy weather. And I would not hesitate to hop in it today and drive it downtown . . . or cross country.

I would like to do a trade or partial trade for a comparable completed '30's or early '40's HOT ROD. I'm mainly interested in roadsters, coupes and trucks. I will consider sedans . . . but I'm honestly not a big fan. I'm not interested in newer vehicles or motorcycles.

Below is a list of changes and improvements done to the car in the last 18 months. All work was professionally done.

SUSPENSION:

• Lowered car all around for proper stance and followed by an alignment
• Installed new wheels and tires (including spare)
• Added new rack and pinion power steering
• New tie rod ends
• Rebuilt front end
• Installed new front calipers and brakes
• Installed new modern power brake booster with additional vacuum canister and dual reservoir master cylinder
• Installed new shock absorbers

INTERIOR
• Installed new Ididit steering column
• Located, rebuilt and upholstered an original bench seat to match new upholstery
• Added false trunk floor which converts wheel well area to a small tool box and repositions spare tire
• Installed new 57 Ford look-a-like radio with modern features (USB, etc)
• Added cluster of mechanical gauges
• Installed new heater core, seal and valve

ENGINE AND DRIVE LINE (460 Lincoln engine)
• New Weiand Stealth intake manifold
• New Holley 670 dual feed carburetor with electric choke
• New Petronix electronic distributor (installed after photos were taken)
• New Carter electric fuel pump with fuel pressure regulator
• New Speedway canister fuel filter
• New fuel tank and all steel fuel lines (front to back)
• Dual exhaust with dash controlled electric cut-outs
• Custom-built hidden traction bars
• New custom balanced drive shaft
• Rebuilt posi-traction 3rd member with 3.00:1 gears
• New rear axle bearings

MISCELLANEOUS NEW ITEMS:
• New Battery with new power shut-off switch
• New Alternator
• New Water pump
• Check and flushed new expensive radiator
• New 17" High CFM electric pusher fan (for extra cooling on extra hot days)
• Replaced all vacuum lines and hoses
• New Ford HiTorque starter and solonoid
• New Custom 50s style chrome tube grille (I have the stock chrome grille and will swap it out if buyer prefers.)
• Re-chromed rear bumper (currently in the chrome shop)

If you have something you are interested in trading (or possibly know of someone who does) let me know.