News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Theres fire in the hole this morning.

Started by RAWms, 2007-01-24 20:52

Previous topic - Next topic

RAWms

Nothing like the sound of open headers in the morning to start the day.  :blob9: :icon_super: :hello2:  Engine went very well. :snoopy2:

Found a very small leak, maybe seap(sp?) is a better word in the gas tank.    After boiling and re-sealing(?) it is at the seam where the ranchero/wagon tanks let water through.   Pulled the tank and taking it in tomorrow.  Measured for a driveshaft and dropping it off tomorrow also.   

It is about to move under it's own power.   r :004:
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

meteor

Cool, congrats Roger! what a great milestone to hit.

matt
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

57AGIN

Way to go Roger.  One small step for progress, one great leap for piece of mind.  Yes, I love the sound of headers in the morning, it sounds like I'm a kid again.

Bob
57AGIN

FORDNUT

Congrats. There is nothing that raises the blood pressure or puts a grin on your face more than the first start on open headers. :041:
At my age I am not required to act mature.

shopratwoody

Good for you Roger,
Noise is good as long as the neighbors are cool. I,m glad all is well with the engine. I can't help but suggest
that whenever fireing up for the first time make some temp slip in muffs so you can hear what the hell is
going on inside the engine. I guess the more of a Hot Rod the more important that is.  :o
Later, Ron  :unitedstates:
I hate blocksanding!

Ford Blue blood

Nothing so sweet as the first light off except the first time it moves under its own power. :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57 Ford Kustom

Roger :006:
       Reading about first start up reminds me of when I was in college was up to my friends house in residential section of Portsmouth NH in 1961. He had a 36 Ford coupe with a Pontiac engine and it was about 10PM and he lit it up with no exhaust in a garage we could hear a bang a few times so after it was shut down we walked outside and there were some shoes that his mother had thrown at the garage. needless to say she was not a happy camper.
      Like Ford Blue Blood states the first time it moves under its own power is a good feeling. Keep it up

T:walk:M    :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RAWms

The Ranchero moved under it's own power today!  Like Bill and Tom said I ain't wiping this smile off for a while.  It is now on a 4-post lift for a bunch of stuff that is easier to work under it.   :burnout: :blob9: :blob3: :blob10:  :blob5: :blob7: :occasion16: :snoopy2:
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

shopratwoody

:burnout: r, any burnouts yet ?
later, Ron  :004:
I hate blocksanding!