News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

power rack

Started by nick, 2007-02-03 00:20

Previous topic - Next topic

nick

my question is
i have a Chevy citation rack n pinion on my Ranchero, it was power and when the seals started to leak i changed it to manual and took the Chevy power pump off the car. now I'm going to change my motor and trans out of a 86 ltd, efi ,overdrive. now back to my question, how can i find out what the pressures are for the Chevy rack and the ford pump and if they are differant what i need to do?
thanks nick

RAWms

I do not know the PSI these racs require but I'm sure a shop manual for the respective rac would have them.  I attempted to install a early 80s (Ok with Rick W) Ford pump on my 351W but it hit the upper cross member.  Rick also told me the original '57 pump would work and since I had one and I think they look bitchin, made it bolt up.  It seems to me Rick was building or planning on building a bracket for the original pump.  In any event I suspect they are pretty close.

Sometime back and I think on a rodder site I visit they were talking about cutting the spring in the pump.  I do not remember the details (So now I wonder why I'm responding with this empty response) but hopefully asking about the spring issue will get a technical person to give some real information.

Good luck, r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

nick

thanks for the input. went to the garage up the road and he had the information i was looking for.