News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Started by ECODE70D57FORD, 2007-02-16 22:04

Previous topic - Next topic

ECODE70D57FORD

Hi...I am new to the forum.  My first 57 Ford was an almost  new but used state police car in late 1958. It had a 312 with a three speed Borg Warner transmission.  Later I had a bunch of 58 Fords.  In the late 60s  I  started collecting and restoring 1934 Fords. I still have four of them mostly with flatheads.   About 10 years ago I bought a 57 Ford 2 Dr Custom Business Coupe.  It has a 312 with dual quads and three speed standard transmission.  I have rebuilt the engine and replaced the usual  New England rusted/rotted panels. I bought a new ABC Upholstery kit for it, but it is still not installed yet.   The only major changes that I am doing to it are ... WCFB carbs,heavy duty front sway bar, rear sway bar, and later Ford full synchromesh three speed standard transmission.  I hope to have it running and be able to take it for a test drive in the later part of 2007.
Thanks Jay

57 Ford Kustom

Jay :006:
     Welcome to the site you stated that it had New England rust does that mean you live up in this wonderful area [not talking about snow or the cold weather.]  Good luck with getting the car on the road.   :burnout:

T:walk:M    :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

ECODE70D57FORD

Hi 57 ford Kustom...
    That is a nice looking 57 that you have.  I especially like 57 customs. What kind of engine is in it?  Did you have to do much body work to it?  Your plates look like Vermont.  Is that correct?   I am in Mass. about 60 miles south of Boston.  The weather here was not kind to my 57 before I found it.  I have been restoring old cars for about 40 years so the good thing is that I am able to do most of the work myself.   I will be keeping mine looking like a plain Jane car and will be retaining the radio and clock delete that came with it.   I am glad that it has a heater though.  We need it around here.
Thanks for the welcome.  Jay

57 Ford Kustom

Jay :006:
          My car only had 4 spots the size of 1/2 dollar i on each front and rear fender. The front ones have been cut out a new metal put in [they were fixed sometime earley using cut up steel licence plate for backer] The story is that a guy did a mild custom job on the car went in the service early 60's. and was put in storage has 62,000 miles, that is all I know about it . the car came with a Michigan title dated 08/03/2000, it had Fla plates on it when I got it off a car lot in N H in 2004. :003:

T:walk:M   :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

ECODE70D57FORD

57 ford Kustom
     You were lucky to find one with hardly any rust on it.  Yours looks like a nice straight car.
     It has been so cold here in Mass for the past few weeks that I have not been able to get any work done on mine.   The garage just never seems to warm up with the heater steadily running.  Someone did a botched up job on the trunk floor in mine so I am relplacing it with a very nice one from a 58 that I parted out. I removed some nice lower panels off the 58 also. It is a good thing that most of those parts are the same as my 57.  The weather should break soon and I can get back to work.  I would be happy if it would just warm up to about 35 degrees.  That would seem warm to me after  having had it in single numbers and low teens  for the past 3  weeks.
     It is no fun cutting ,welding and fitting body sheet metal  in the cold.
See you later Jay