News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

window channeling

Started by clubcoupe57, 2007-01-19 22:44

Previous topic - Next topic

clubcoupe57

Someone was asking about doors ans window channeling, I just put knew glass and all knew channeling and window runners in my 57 Clubcoupe. The window runners I got out of Pennsylvania, they were kind of spendy but great quality. I used a dremel tool with a small cut off wheel to cut  the channel and that worked pretty good you have to careful that the bead doesn' separate from the felt. I cheated on the door anti rattlers I used a small rivet and that worked real well and you can't even notice them, worked a heck of alot better then them little wire deals!!! But I guess that isn,t stock but there is alot of things that not stock on my 57, I got my knew ball joints today so back to the front end, any ideas on how to align  the front end good enough to get it to the front end shop? Thanks , Have a good week-end guys!!

RAWms

I replaced all of the front end bushings on my car also.  I just talked to the guy I bought the car from and he told me he had just replaced the entire front end 15 years ago before parking the car.  So I will have to run it for a bit to see if a front end alignment is a need.  For toe (an R&P was installed) end I straped a couple of  1"x2" to the front wheels at center line and set it toe to about <1/16".  There was no front clip on the car so clearance was not an issue.  I did put an angle gauge on the wheels and seemed ok.  Caster, dunno.   When the car becomes operational it may need professional align but we will see.   Good luck, r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007