News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

'57 y block Power Steering Pulley

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-13 19:38

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

I need a power steering pump pulley if anybody has one or knows of one.
Thanks

Joe
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Hoosier Hurricane

Joe, do you need the crankshaft pulley or the pump pulley?   John

CobraJoe

John, I need the pump pulley, mine has a piece missing.

The one I'm looking for looks like this:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

Hoosier Hurricane

Joe:  Sorry, I can't help.  It's the crankshaft pulley that I have.   John

CobraJoe

Thanks anyways John.

Here's mine:

The arrow shows the broken piece:

G

thomasso

You can always build it up with brass or cast rod and grind and file to shape.  Is your pump misaligned or is it an optical illusion?
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

CobraJoe

It's an optical illusion. Haven't built anything cast up with brazing rod since high school....that was a long time ago. They are available new from Mac's, looks like they're billet aluminum, just didn't want to pay that kind of money. Mine still works, it's just my OCD that wants to fix it.  :003:

Ecode70D

Joe really needs one of them.  He had a rather big chunk missing when I looked at it Friday  night.  Sure wish that I had one to give to him.  He stated that so far it is not eating up his fan belt, but that is bound to happen. 

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

Still looking if anyone knows of one.
Thanks.

Joe

cokefirst

http://www.stangerssite.com/CanIEatonPump.html  have you tried this guy?  I had him rebuild my control valve and pump on my 57.  He knows these pumps backwards and forwards.  He has some extra parts.  I would give him a try.   Dan
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

CobraJoe

No I haven't but I will, thanks.

CobraJoe

Still looking if anyone knows of one...   :deadhorse:

KULTULZ

GOOGLE B7AZ 3A733-A

I believe what is shown @ the usual vendors is an aluminum copy from MUMMERT.

You may also luck out and find a NOS or take-off.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

CobraJoe

Thanks Kultulz, I know Mac's has 'em, just hate to pay $120.00 for one.