News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Any feedback on Carpenter outside door handles?

Started by 59meteor, 2017-11-10 14:18

Previous topic - Next topic

59meteor

The outside door handles on my 59 2 door sedan are pitted fairly badly, and I see that Dennis Carpenter offers new handles for my car. I know that the 59 handles are different than a 57/8, but I was wondering if anybody has used the Carpenter outside handles on a 57 or 58 Ford. I would assume that if their 57 handles fit well and have decent chrome, that their 59 handles would as well. The 59 handles are a 1 year only application, and finding really nice 58 year old handles has proven to be a bit of a problem!
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

lalessi1

I believe I used a repop from them (it came with the car), it seemed fine but the gaskets were iffy at best.
Lynn

JimNolan

I've found Dennis Carpenter a little pricey but his stuff is usually pretty good. You can look around but stuff like that is like buying door weather rubber, you can get them somewhere else but it's still made by Carpenter and comes in a Carpenter box. If you'd stop and read what you're asking you'd see you're asking people for the quality of something from different venders for the same piece, made by the same re-popper. How many people do you think rush to re-pop the door handle of a 1959 Ford. good luck.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

rmk57

I bought a $15 blemished one from ebay a few years back and it fits fine.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Very happy with my DC handles, although I found out they will dent if you run your car into a building, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

59meteor

Quote from: JimNolan on 2017-11-10 16:36
I've found Dennis Carpenter a little pricey but his stuff is usually pretty good. You can look around but stuff like that is like buying door weather rubber, you can get them somewhere else but it's still made by Carpenter and comes in a Carpenter box. If you'd stop and read what you're asking you'd see you're asking people for the quality of something from different venders for the same piece, made by the same re-popper. How many people do you think rush to re-pop the door handle of a 1959 Ford. good luck.
Actually, I am asking if anybody had any experiances, good or bad with the handles Carpenter sells. Just trying to determine if I should buy new handles from Carpenter, or take a chance of having my old handles repaired and re plated. I`m still a bit sore after paying the have my rear bumper rechromed, so weighing my options.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

wv 57s forever

My handles are about 15 years old and they still look like new, they came from carpenter, but my car is inside 95% of the time. :burnout:

Limey57

The handles on my Ranchero came from Carpenter and were very well finished with no blemishes under the chrome.  Fitted well but I used a thin smear of sealant to hold the gaskets in place.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

59meteor

Thanks guys, 3 positive comments are good enough for me.