News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Exhaust routing on a Country Sedan wagon

Started by MrArt2u, 2014-12-21 03:23

Previous topic - Next topic

MrArt2u

We currently we have turndowns at the mufflers and we would like a full system. Does anyone have pictures of the exhaust pipes from the mufflers back on a wagon? I need to see where/how they go over the rear axle and exit the rear. 

I am plumbing the rear brake hard lines and flex lines on my rear end with disc brakes tomorrow and I think I may have placed the brake line bracket (where the hard line meets the flex line) in a bad spot.

Cheers,
Art.

MrArt2u

To clarify, I'm wondering if the flex lines from the calipers to the hard lines on the rear end housing will be in danger of hitting the tailpipe if the wagon bottoms out? I can still relocate those brackets on the rear end, if need be.

petew

Best I could do for you with the car not on the lift ... Looks to me like you shouldn't have any problems. This is a Waldron's exhaust which is supposed be the same as factory. Also you will see that my brake line junction block on the rear housing has been spaced up with a bracket to clear my rear sway bar. The tail pipes both run towards the center of the rear housing prior to crossing over.

Pete

MrArt2u

Hey Pete,

That is a huge help, thank you! No excuses now, I guess it's time to start bending some brakelines.

Thanks for the pics!

Cheers,
Art.