News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bench Seat Removal Help

Started by Stukenbroeker, 2016-05-08 17:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Stukenbroeker

Hey Guys,

I know this has probably been asked before, and I've searched up and down the forum, but couldn't find the answer. I'm trying to get the front and back bench seats out of the Country Sedan I just acquired, but can't seem to find the correct way to do it. I've found the bolts in the rear of the seat brackets that go down through the floor board, and then in the bolts that seem to come up through the floor board in the fronts of the brackets, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the seats are supposed to be able to be removed from the brackets first, but I can't seem to figure out how.

Any direction or help is appreciated!

Lou

By brackets you mean the seat tracks, leave them on the seat and unbolt them from the floor, other wise your making a lot more work for yourself.

Stukenbroeker

ok, so just undo the bolts in the back and the front that run through the floor board?

BWhitmore

geraldchainsaw

ok,  i already know how to remove the seats,  but,  when i drive or try to adjust the seats theys don't catch and stay in place,  do i have to take the seats out?,  or is there a easier way to fix  the problems?,  thanks   jerry

Stukenbroeker

Thanks for the help guys, I finally got the front bench out yesterday after a lot of busted knuckles and a can of PB Blaster.

As for your bench not sliding, i'll take a pic of the mechanism and post it here so you can see what may be stuck or failing. It's a really simple mechanism, and since my bench seat has been eaten by rodents, i can see right through to the mechanism.  :005: