News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

LAUDY57

Ecode70, Are you south of Boston far enough to miss the worst of the storm? Watching the news with the high winds and quantity of snow is going to be tough going tonight.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

hiball3985

Quote from: LAUDY57 on 2015-01-27 10:45
Ecode70, Are you south of Boston far enough to miss the worst of the storm? Watching the news with the high winds and quantity of snow is going to be tough going tonight.
I talked to Jay about 2 hrs ago, they still had power and snow up to the door knobs..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Looks like he's getting slammed...again. He had a bad winter last year. Internet: 2 feet of snow, 70 mph winds and a wind chill factor of -5, not to be above freezing for a week. At least they won't have to worry about flooding like they did in Buffalo earlier this winter. Hopefully the 70 mph winds are keeping the snow from building up on the roofs.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Quote from: LAUDY57 on 2015-01-27 10:45

Laudy57, Jim, Rich
     I haven't been in touch very much and would only get a message out when I could..
    We had three back to back to back blizzards one right after the other for the past two weeks.  Most of that time I have been without internet, telephone, and TV.  As of yesterday Feb 3 those services are partially restored.  The snow was packed up over 5 feet at the front door.  The back door still has not been dug out.  The snow plows had my driveways plowed  in  so bad that a plow couldn't clear it.  One night someone came by with a huge front loader and broke through from the street and cleared a path for 300' to the garage, then cleared the parking area at the shop and even dropped the blade behind our truck in front of the house and back pulled the snow making it easier to get out.   Later I found out who that kind person was.

I hand dug a path through the 5' of snow from the front door to the truck.   It's just the width of the shovel making it scary to walk through it.  It ain't easy throwing snow up 5+ feet in the air by hand.

During this storm there were 33,000 + homes without power.  Twelve to seventeen homes near the water in Scituate were completely destroyed and went into the ocean.   Rich you should remember how the homes were near the water in Scituate.  So now those families are in shelters.

Thank God we still have electricity so that means we have heat and water.  As you may recall 2 years ago the snow took out our electricity for a week and I was using the wood stove for heat.  After a few days when I ran out of water , I was able to get them filled at the shelter that was set up in the school.

So the weather liars just stated that we have another one coming. 

Yesterday I did get down to the garage and put a battery charger on the 57.   It's too cold in there to do any of my winter projects though. 

Can't wait for Spring time to come.  Thanks for asking.  Jay

LAUDY57

Best of luck to you Jay. I guess you must have had some food stored up to get through this, I hope things get better for you real soon. Those were some winds that were shown on the news reports!
Lorne.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

RICH MUISE

You take it easy with that snow shoveling! Thanks for keeeping us posted....I don't envy you at all.

Ford Blue blood

My brothers and sisters now understand why I live in AL!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

SkylinerRon

Nice to have a job making big bucks and only be right half the time.
Weatherman is my new next career!

Ron.

lalessi1

Jay, glad you and yours are "OK". My wife and I were talking about the storms up in the northeast the other day and realized that when we lose power and water for days because of a hurricane at least it is warm and our survival is not threatened by the cold. I can't imagine... If I ever move it will be further south!
Lynn

Jeff Norwell

It was -9 below here this morning,thank god we got 3 bush cords for the fireplace.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

lalessi1

44 when I got up, partly cloudy, upper 50's for a high. Looking forward to low 70's this weekend. Hard to imagine the extremes across the country.
Lynn

Ecode70D

Guys... Thanks for all the letters of concern.  We in Mass dodged the bullet.  The weather liars  (that's what Jim Hi ball and I call them) were talking out the side of their mouths yesterday when they were yapping about another big blizzard.  We did get a dusting of snow.  What a wonderful profession that is where they can say anything they want and still collect a pay check.  Most people have actual real jobs. 
       On the 6:00 o'clock news this morning they are talking about  temps in the single numbers ..  They got it right this time and I'm thankful that I have a nice warm house. 
      Jay

hiball3985

Hang in there Jay, I'm glad you still have electricity and the liars were wrong. I'll try to package up some sun and get it shipped to you or it may take you months to thaw out.  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Jim
    Put lots of insulation on it and send it Special Delivery.  At some time today I'm planning on taking a drive out back to the shop to see my cars  I will not stay there long enough to turn on the heater .   Today I'm lighting up the wood stove in addition to the furnace.   It's a nice feeling  to sit in front of a fire and take a nap. 
    The weather liars just said that the snow went to Vermont.  Jay

RICH MUISE

I just had a great weekend. I drove up to Colorado on Friday, left at 6 am. I stopped in at Jon's (Hogwagon) motorcycle shop and visited with him for a while. With an unusually warm weekend coming up, he was quite busy with the biker crowd, but took time to visit with me for a while. He and his wife bought some property a while back and he's been busy with that, so the '57 Ranchwagon has been put on the back burner for a while. At two, I met Al (57dohc) and his brother from Wisconsin at Al's friend Marty's place and got another tour of his collection. He's added a nice '55 Monterey to his collection since I saw him last, and has made some progress on a few custom projects...a '54 Mercury 2dr hardtop wagon and a '49 Mercury 4dr convertible! Saturday we all met up in Denver at the Tri-state swap meet. Perfect size for me...4 or 5 hours was plenty as my breathing isn't too great, especially in the thin air of Denver!
Friday night I got to spend 3 or 4 hours with an old friend I had lost contact with about 5 years ago...found her on Facebook. Later Friday night I took a drive up to Cripple Creek, my old stomping grounds when I lived in Colorado.
Round trip was about 1100 miles, used about 74. in gas..love my Subi and the low gas prices!
Sunday I got to work on the '57 a bit, finished up 3 or 4 small things so I could put the key in the ignition and see if the starter would engage. I spent most of Sunday night with a smile on my face. Today I'm going to put some gas in the tank, coolant in the radiator and see what happens.