How good is the fit and finish of the reproduction Exterior Door Handles?

Started by KYBlueOval, 2024-03-17 11:31

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I had a chrome shop look at a pair of OEM / used exterior handles to rechrome. The cost was close to 40% higher than that of a pair of reproduction handles.I'll spend the additional dollars, if necessary, depending on what feedback I receive regarding the repros.

I'd like to hear from those that have bought the reproduction exterior handles as to the fit.........Do all of the screw hole align correctly? Or do I have to "Make Them Fit"? And the finish............How GOOD is the chrome?

Should I spend the additional money, or are the reproductions a good fit and GOOD chrome? I only want to do this once, and do it right.
So what can you tell me about the reproduction handles?
Thanks
John

abe_lugo

Have you reached out people that might have NOS handles. It might be another avenue. 
Clean up old ones. And just set up and search on eBay for some to come up.
See phot this a vendor that finds nice Nos part and  reasonably priced. On Instagram.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

59meteor

Can`t speak for other brands or years, but I have reproduction outside door handles on my 59 2 door sedan, that I ordered from Dennis Carpenter about 5 years ago, they look great, fit great, and still look perfect, with excellent chrome. Very happy with them. I also bought the new door handle gaskets from Carpenter.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

RICH MUISE

My handles from DC have been on the car 8-10 years now. Chrome is still great, never had an issue with fit. I also got the buttons, and they too are still great. Couldn't be happier.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Thanks to all that replied........Exactly the type of feedback I was hoping to receive. I'll buy the Repos!
Thanks
John

KYBlueOval

Bought a pair of the DC reproduction handles and they arrived yesterday. They look great. Thanks to all that replied.
John