News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Not to old to cry

Started by alvin stadel, 2024-03-29 19:35

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Even though I can't see very good anymore, I still need a project  to keep my mind off things and keep me busy.  About 20+ years ago a fellow I knew went to a estate sale and bought  a very nice 56 Crown, All it needed was a little TLC.  He took it home and put it in his garage, and it just sat there. He passed a couple of years ago and I kept thinking that I should go check it out and try to buy it. When I got there I found out the crown ment nothing to any of his family and they pulled it out of the garage and just left it set. Now this is where the tears come in. His grand kids had used it fir target practice. I bet there are over 300 holes in it. All the chrome, stainless and body is full of holes, I just could not believe what I was seeing. After some thought I decided that maybe they done me a favor, but it sure would have been fun to restore.

mustang6984

That is a sin! Someone should shoot them!  :fripper:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Oh crap!   I was expecting a bad story about your engine rebuild when I saw the title, but that story is even worse!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2024-03-29 21:18Oh crap!  I was expecting a bad story about your engine rebuild when I saw the title, but that story is even worse!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                          :(  >:(
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

The loss is enough to bring tears to my eyes.
Terry

Marc

OMG, there are just no words for this. You would think the knowledge that this car meant something to their granddad would be enough to encourage the family to be at least a little respectful. I dunno, families are weird sometimes.

rmk57

Write the grandkids out of the will / estate.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429