News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Transmission mounting pads

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-06-06 08:38

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

So what is the norm for a mounting block on a transmission? Are you guys just using a solid metal block, or adapting a rubber encapsulated mounting pad from something. I'm fitting the '57 crossmember for the 4R70W (similar to AODE), and the tranny mounting holes are falling exactly where the OEM slots are in the crossmember front to back. The spacing is different however.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

I am using the 2001 Explorer 302/EAOD 2wd mount after a failed attempt at modifying a stock 57 mount.  Just didn't look and feel right....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Thanks Bill....Is this what you are using? rock auto photo. If so, do you know what the spacing is for the holes and the studs?
P.S. reference auto Zone price 16.99, Rock Auto price (same pn)6.56
Auto zone references the 4R70W tranny for a '01 Explorer, so I guess the hole pattern would match up. Just the studs and the mount height in question for my usage.

Ford Blue blood

Rich that look like a generic photo....the mount I used has the cross member studs closer together then what is shown.  Try to get a measurement and post it.  Weather related on that info....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Low buck item that I should be able to use...I'll just go ahead and order one.

RICH MUISE

Bill...I went over and looked at one of the '01 Explorer mounts O'reillys had in stock, that had the studs at the right spacing, and it is too tall for my usage. It's about 2 1/2" tall, and I don't think I'll have enough room. I'll just use some temporary spacers until I get the ride height, and the engine angle set, and then see if I have room for it. I did find some urethane bump stops at an off-road shop that are the right length, width and height that I think I can transform into a tranny mount.