News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

kick panel retainers/brackets

Started by rmk57, 2010-01-31 10:18

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Does anybody make repros of these? 90% of them seem to be rotted off at the bottom from  wet carpet or floor mats.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

KidKourier

Concours Parts has them listed for $15.95 a pair in Gray,Blue or Black--Starting with part# B7A-7002341-G(gray)--BB(Blue)--BL(black) So I would assume most other suppliers would also! KID :006:

JPotter57

I dont think anyone makes the retainers..These are usually rusted off likermk57 said.  Out of all the 57s I have had, Ive only had about 3 pairs that were good...The ones I have now are ok, these are hard to find in good shape..Try looking at Sunman ford parts (http://www.sunmanford.net/), or the place in California that Bob Lee knows (57agin), I cant think of the name of it but they do have a lot of rust free sheetmetal there..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

rmk57

Those really are in nice shape! Someone should look into reproducing these things, I'm sure most 57's could use a new set.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

BAMA_57

Thanks for the link with photos. I have a set of those in my parts but didn't know what they were. How do they mount?
Ron
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer

texasmark1

I was wondering the same thing (reproducing an "odd" part) about the dimmer switch mounting plate for our 57s... any interest out there if this piece could be produced as a "reproduction"??

thanks, Mark
God Bless Texas!

RICH MUISE

The problem with both parts mentioned above is that neither are parts anyone is going to be willing to pay high dollar for, and unless original tooling from Ford is available for licensing to a place like dennis carpenter,tooling costs would be prohibitive, not so much for the dimmer switch plate, but definetly prohibitive for the kickpanel retainer. The retainer part would require multistage punch and progressive folding die operations . Tooling of this nature can run into high 6 figures, if not 7 figures. Even with existing tooling, set up costs alone can be prohibitive.
Fortunately there are many cases where, unlike the old days, tooling and set up costs are no longer a major factor, thanks to easily programed cnc machines. All the billet stuff we see nowadays are perfect examples, and the stationary rear window conversion kits for the 2 dr. sedans I just bought for my car being another part lending itself well to short run production.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe