News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on Today at 11:04When I started working in my Father's B/A station a $10.00 fill was big news.

My first car was a 1958 Custom 300, 223 6-cylinder automatic.

Terry
 :canada:

Yea, that was usually a pick-up with twin tanks!
Wanted / Re: Wanted 1957 or later Y blo...
Last post by mustang6984 - Today at 18:01
Engine size? 292/312 or a 6 cylinder?
Wanted / Wanted 1957 or later Y block d...
Last post by cokefirst - Today at 17:19
I need a 1957 or later distributor for a 1957 wagon I am trying to get running to sell.  I appreciate any assistance.
Brake Swaps / MBM brakes kit
Last post by campy38 - Today at 15:28
I have tried to search but I have not had any luck. Has anyone used MBM brake kit or "pirate jack" on eBay. I have read mixed reviews on other forums but not any Ford forums. Was curious if anyone has opinions on them before I chance it and buy. I'm curious if it's too good to be true. The kit is 650$ which seems slightly suspicious to me.
As I was putting my 292 back together, I marveled at the throttle return spring. In its relaxed state it is a little over two inches long. When installed it is probably over a foot long, very stretched out. The lower end is anchored in a rough hole in the toe board portion of the firewall. Does this sound correct?
Getting ready to reupholster the seats in my 73B using original materials. I'd like to give my upholsterer as much info on how they should look as I possible can since I don't have the original patterns.
I've found a few pics online, but google searches don't turn up much as far as original interiors.
So, if anyone has pictures of seats done with OEM upholstery, especially in a 4-door Custom 300, I'd appreciate if you could post them here.
When I started working in my Father's B/A station a $10.00 fill was big news.

My first car was a 1958 Custom 300, 223 6-cylinder automatic.

Terry
 :canada:
True enough on the ability of the $70 to fill the tank! I can remember when $5.00 would do the trick!
The picture on the dash plaque looks exactly my 2nd 57 blue and white 2DHT. I bought it in October of 1964, I WAS 16 at the time. I payed $70.00 for it and drove it home. The body and interior needed nothing but a good cleaning, however the engine was bad and smoked like crazy. The dealership took my check, but would not put my name on the paper work. They used my dad's name, Herb, for leagle reasons,I guess. For some reason I kept the sales receipt and it is framed and hanging on my showroom wall, Most guys that look at it can't believe the $70.00 price I believe I showed it to Hugh when he was here last spring. In todays world $70,00 well hardly fill the fuel tank.
Wanted / Scare bird brake kit
Last post by campy38 - Today at 09:35
I know it's a long shot. Does anyone have a scare bird bracket kit they would be willing to part with? Wanting to do conversion and looks like that option is cheap/easiest way but they are not in stock.