News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Interesting Chxxy

Started by Ecode70D, 2015-07-22 22:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

I saw this a a car cruise this evening.   It's a Chxxy with a 49-53 8BA Ford flathead.  The car also has what appears to be Kelsey Hayes bent spoke wheels. 

Ford Blue blood

36 Standard Coupe with a 36 Maser hood.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

I don't know much about those strange vehicles, but my guess probably would have been 36 also.   There is no way that I would have been able to guess the Master hood.

Ford Blue blood

Master hood has the stainless, standard is plain.  The chassis is a standard, notice the front spring shackle under the round covers on the front bottom of the fenders.  Masters had "knee action" (piece of junk) front suspension while the standards were beam axle.

Might wonder how I know this?  My street rod is a 36 Chevy Standard 2 dr. sdn. with a 351C/FMX/8"/M II front suspension.  Couldn't afford Ford sheet metal when I figured out racing was too expensive on an E-6 pay in 1976 and the price was right for the Chevy at only $125.00.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

SkylinerRon

Too bad it's not a 57 belair!

Ron.

Ecode70D

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2015-07-26 02:59
Ron.

HA HA  I got a good laugh at that one.  That would really make those owners have a heart attack.

djfordmanjack

great idea ! one day I'm gonna do that. but I wouldn't want to be seen in a 57 belair...  :003:

RICH MUISE

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2015-07-26 02:59

Ron.
LOL...I have no idea what you guys are talking about....putting a Ford in a '57 Belair?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Right as rain Rich, have said it before if somehow I end up with a tri-5 the search for a RAMBLER flat 6 w/closed driveline would be on big time.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

junior58

Way back in the dim dark ages I had a 39 Chxxy coupe with a 352 FE in it (essentially the coupe body dropped over a Ford frame), used to piss a few people off.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Ecode70D

Ford Blue Blood
Junior 58
Günter

It's refreshing to know that some people know the correct engine to put into one of those off shore vehicles.
It gets tiresome looking at belly button engines when I go to a cruise.  I even develop tunnel vision when I see a nice 34 Ford with one of them in it.  That's when I just keep on walking and don't even look at it.