News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Fordsforever Picture Gallery

Started by 57AGIN, 2007-05-22 12:10

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

I was just reviewing some pictures I posted several weeks ago onto the Picture Gallery and discovered that apparently nobody is using the Gallery anymore.  That is really unfortunate as it was a great place to show your projects, pictures taken at various events, drag & show photos, etc.

I know that Several months ago the Gallery was messed with by some hackers and the webmaster had to restrict access to the Gallery.  It now requires actually signing onto the Gallery in order to view lots of great pictures of our 57's.  I encourage all members to click onto the Gallery and follow the prompts to get signed up for using this very good aspect of our web site.

Bob
57AGIN

wolfpupsdad

well this is one of a few i have of mine , cause it's getting ready to go to paint soon and will post more while there

Mavaholic

I have tried in vain to view the gallery but cannot. The forum name and password will not work there and the system will not let you create a different one from the same computer. I have sent several emails out to try to resolve this issue but haven't gotten a response.

Mavaholic

Never mind, I just clicked on "Forgot my Password" and it set me up.

rapilje

I tried to get in to the gallery from two different browsers, Firefox and Safari. Both times, I got an error message saying "Warning your browser does not accept script's cookies." I have both browsers set to accept all cookies. I ignored the warning and tried to log in anyway -- also from both browsers. Got another error message saying "Couldn't log in. Try again." So I tried again. No luck. Next, I hit the "I forgot my password" link and entered my email address. Got a new error message saying "Selected user does not exist." Finally, I hit the "Register" link and registered. I waited a week but got no response.

I'm pretty good with a computer and believe I'm following all the steps I'm supposed to the right way. Any suggestions?

wolfpupsdad

i can get in , just can't figure our how to post pic's of my 57 on it

Marc

rapilje, I tried all the same steps as you last week, with the same results. Has the category folder "member's rides" taken the place of the gallery?

smurfee

I also have tried to get in several times with no luck :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK

57AGIN

Yeah, guys I had difficulties until I made contact with James.  I believe what happened is that, in order to keep spammers off the Gallery, the sign in requirement was instituted.  It does require James or one of the web administrators to authorize admittance to the Gallery.  The Gallery was one of the greatest ways the general public had available to see what could be done with these 57 Fords of ours and stimulate their interest in joining us.  I am hoping that by opening this thread, the computer "guru's" out there can articulate some suggestions and feedback and eventually help us regain access to and use of the Gallery.  Thanks for sharing your efforts re this.

Bob
57AGIN   

rapilje

Quote from: 57AGIN on 2007-05-29 18:09
It does require James or one of the web administrators to authorize admittance to the Gallery.

How many administrators are involved, do two or more have to agree to acceptance or rejection? I think it's been two, maybe three weeks since I applied to the Gallery and there still has been no answer. This happened when I applied to the Forum too -- I think I applied two or three times before getting an answer.

57AGIN

Rapilje:

I really don't know that much about webmaster & administrator stuff.  It might be an idea to go to the 57 Fords Forever home page & scroll down to the bottom and click on the "email us" button and get a direct answer.  That is how I ultimately was able to get onto the Gallery site and got some help re specifically how to get pictures onto the Gallery.

Bob
57AGIN

JPotter57

OK, I set up the photo gallery with a few new settings.  Everyone who registered with the user you use here should be good to go.  There are a few others I okayed but if they start spamiming and causing troublke, they're banned.  Bob, if you see any nonsense there, be sure to let me know and I will can them immediately.  Hope everyone can get there now....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

James:

Thanks, I appreciate all the work you have and continue to put into our web site.  I hope we can return the Gallery to its former "glory" and show the public what great rides we have.

Bob
57AGIN