News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Removing 57 Ranchero body

Started by TRoper, 2022-10-11 09:40

Previous topic - Next topic

TRoper

Hi all,

I saw a link about someone who was working on a 1957 Ranchero.  He was doing a lot of repair on the car.  He showed how he lifted the body off with an engine hoist.  It was quite a process.

Well, I am getting ready to do the same thing so I started looking for the post and I will be dog gone, I can't find it.

Has anyone else seen that post and does anyone know where I might find it?  I think I originally saw it on the H.A.M.B.

Thanks

cos

Hello  I removed body on my ranchero a month ago. Had hard time getting body to frame bolts out. Problem keeping bolts from spinning and no way to hold bottom of thru bolt. Drilled 1/4" hole thru bottom retainer (bolt nut enclosed) into frame bracket and pinned it to bracket to keep from spinning so I could twist into. Worked to some degree. Ground of bolt head and beat it out from top. Had a couple that came out the way they went in. It was PIA  I bolted a 4x4 from first (front) mount hole under dash thru opening in behind seat panel (mine had openings) think I hit 3 or four. Then bolt a 8' 4x4 across  body. If you put cross 4X4 as close to the rear of door opening it is pretty balanced. My shop has exposed joists so I was able use comealongs to lift with. I have seen what you are talking about when looking for rotisserie on web.  But you still need  lifting point. If I can help give me a call I can text you pics. Bill  Oregon  541 221 7ninefourone.