News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hugh's pictures

Started by alvin stadel, 2023-06-26 09:43

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Hugh. thanks for posting the pictures of my shop. This brings me to ask you guy's what are you going to do with all your stuff? I look around at all the awards. pictures and treasures, I have collected though out the years. They really don't mean anything to anyone but me. I know my car days are about over, so do I leave everything where it is and let my wife and sons worry about it, or what.

mustang6984

You're welcome Alvin!
You posed that question when I was there...and I didn't have an answer really at that time. BUT...I had about 3000 miles to think about it. So...I came up with this:
As long as YOU can enjoy the things you spent years acquiring, things that bring YOU pleasure, I think you should keep them if they will continue to bring you pleasure. Some of those things will undoubtedly bring others in your family pleasure too, and maybe some things will do likewise for those friends who shared the events with you.
Just my opinion.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

Ford Blue blood

Agree, the kids and friends that are at the auction can figure out what they want to keep as a momento.  My kids know the cars are to be sold at market value, if they want to purchase OK, if not someone else can enjoy.  The idea is to put as much long green in my wife's pocket as possible.  Won't matter to me if it goes in a dumpster.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

If it were me, and probably will be not too far down the road, a lot of my decisions would be based on what my wife would NEED AND WANT ME TO DO. Are her or your sons car savvy? Does her financial situation after you're gone going to require top dollar for everything sold? Is dealing with it going to cause depression? Is your relationship with your son(s?) good enough so you can sit down and talk about what you want to happen?
So many things to consider that are difficult for a relative stranger to offer suggestions.
I'd consider picking one or two cars and selling the rest while you still can control the dealings.  Maybe you could even rent out your shop to a car guy who wouldn't mind having an older gent/car expert watching the goings-on from time to time.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe