News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Grille Rechome

Started by 1957clint, 2023-07-17 19:37

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

That is a great looking 65, Gary !
Just passed on a local 49 Merc for sale today, It would have needed a full paint job ( along with everything else). This is a big No-No as of today.
I can't believe that in 2013 I bought a set of front and rear 57 rechromed bumpers for $500 at the Long Beach Swap meet....can you dig it ?

Jeff....very sad to learn about the sale of the Diamond truck !

just last year I started polishing the oem chrome grille on my 57CS and although it had some brown stains, it just came out beautiful and bright. The quality of og chrome is unsurpassed.

djfordmanjack

all of this is og chrome   :001:

gasman826

She has graduated as a nurse, moved to Wyoming, married, and expecting first child.

cokefirst

How about powder coating?  About 2 years ago it was $50 a wheel to have a stock steel wheel powder coated.  I went back a week ago and it was $95 a wheel.  I shopped and found a place that did it for $80 but still, that price is more than the 15% we were told was normal inflation.
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

RICH MUISE

It's obvious to our household that many many things are way above any published inflation rates. Food in particular. We eat out 3 or 4 times a week, and in our area, takeout has risen 50% minimum in the past year or two. Same with most stuff at a grocery store. We were walking by outdoor furniture at Walmarts today and a deck chair with plastic wicker woven material was 347.oo! About the only thing that's been at last year's pricing has been Gas....currently about 3.09 and diesel around 3.29.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

I do my own powder coating.  Old oven, HF powder gun, Columbia Coatings powder and my "paint air".  Works very well.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Stoves can be found in thrift stores sometimes. I bought a couple for my apartment building when I had it. A real find would be an old pizza oven. Bet you could find one on line somewhere.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alvin stadel

Gary, I can't believe anyone would give up wet sanding. You must not have been paying her enough.

gasman826

paid some tuition...