News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Kinda slow

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2023-09-22 07:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Nothing going on?  I've been entertaining kids and grandkids for the week, board has been dead....school starting?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

cos

hello  If other members are like me, getting outside stuff ready for winter.  Cos

RICH MUISE

For me, it's been one thing after another. This week has been spent trying to get ready for a garage sale this weekend. We've been putting it off because of the heat. I was going to do a hundred-mile cruise with the OK Crossmembers this weekend, but I'm foregoing that. Gotta get my garage back to normal. It's been jam packed since we sold our other house this spring and I lost my big storage shed.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

1930artdeco

Still working on the wagon-albeit slowly. Started drilling out the spot welds on the driver side floor boards. Then plumbing took a nose dive again-so a plumber and some surgery are in order. Have no idea why things are backing up. Let the jokes begin :003:

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

lalessi1

Back up "lights" (see my post in Project Builds) Lol!

Lynn

rmk57

My winter project. I got a stern warning at the Old Time Drags about running too fast so I've made a tough decision and decided to put a basic 5-point bar in it. Just mocking it up now.

IMG_0442.jpeg
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

abe_lugo

Been busy at work.  It never ends and I'm trying to learn to be the STFU and just do the job now.  Even for a dream job it becoming quite the BS load.

Anyhow slowly working in the hardtop.  Interior work. Sort of an inside out game for me.

But I need to seal up the PS. So o order parts here and there NPD seems to be the place that has the 57 parts that fit.
After that just helping my wife with here start up company.

O yeah and a semi vacation-work trip next week to Germany.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

mustang6984

Quote from: abe_lugo on 2023-09-22 19:00O yeah and a semi vacation-work trip next week to Germany.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Take some time to have a stein...and one for me too!  :icon_super:  :occasion14:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

Thanks. Been waiting a while for some good brews.

djfordmanjack

which area are you traveling to, Abe ?

abe_lugo

Leipzig. Hobby Modell spiel at the conversion center. And Matchbox collecter show.  Will be there Thurs- Sunday then London on the way back.

We might try to explore Leipzig a bit more this time.  Our first travel since the Before times.

terry_208

I enjoyed my time in Germany.  I really enjoyed the Bottled Beverage guy making the doorstep deliveries!
Terry

djfordmanjack

Leipzig is a little longer than an hours drive from my place, unfortunately... :003: I will be visiting friends in southern Germany (Lower Bavaria) later in October.

abe_lugo

I think you are spending more than a couple days in Leipzig this time for the toy fair do you will try to see if there's any old timer car events going on.

mustang6984

This place has resembled a morgue of late! Actually...I have seen more life in a morgue! Everyone out driving around in the fine Fall weather?

I have been catching up on stuff around here that was put off when temps were over 90...and still more to do. Including working on my new acquisitions for income property....a pair of Self Storage places in two different towns...one 3 1/2 hours away.
Today my youngest son and I went to the dump, then a visit to Costco, then back here and moved three old power poles to the back of the shop so that I can begin to build the retaining walls for the dugout lean-to I am building to store the '50 Dodge p/u and one of the '57 Sedan Deliveries in over the winter along with some other things that do not need to be in the shop.
This past week wife and I were in Plano for my oldest son's new pizza store opening. He works for Hideaway Pizza Company, and they have moved him over to Texas to begin opening stores there. Four slated for the next year and more next year. He is gonna be a busy bee!
I am going to try to pick up my 312 for the Fairlane tomorrow after doing some paperwork related to the storage places. Then I need to burn the burn pile.
Saturday it is down to Cabot AR to work on the place there, new security lights, mow grass, hang a sign and take pics.
Sunday work on the website for the facilities...and mow grass.

So...what is everyone else up to?   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker