News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I need the name of a part

Started by Ecode70D, 2023-10-13 19:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

On a 57 Ford, what is the name of the two metal pieces on the lower A posts at the cowl?  They hold the cowl cardboard panels in place. 
    I need the name of them for the post Office so I can ship them overseas with some other parts.
    Thanks Jay

mustang6984

:003: Uh...the whatchamacallit?

LOL!!! I have no idea...Rich or Joe will know for sure.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

It's the kick panel support or bracket right?
It's also helps the Windlace lock into that area.

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Ecode70D

Abe
  That's correct.  For the mostpart in the wet climates, they rot out on the bottom like these two.
   On my 57, the lower sections were rotted also. Fortunately I had two rotted sets so I cut the tops of of one set and welded them to the bottom the other set.  Now I have one good set on my car.

Jeff N. What do they call those parts up there in Canada? Jay 

gasman826

I wandered around in the Ford Illustrations Book for a while.  I didn't find them.  I got close but no banana.  I found the windlace clips, B7A-7002614-A Door Opening Windlace Retainers which are the clips that hold the windlace to the 'A' pillar.  I think the name you are looking for is DOOR OPENING WINDLACE GARNISH. In any case, this label will far exceed any description that Customs will require.

Ecode70D

Gasman
   That sounds good.  I hope that it does not confuse them too much.
Jay

abe_lugo

Pic of one for historical ref
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Ecode70D

Abe
   Those certainly are pretty. In wet and snowy Mass, we have to cut and weld rusty pieces pieces together
to get a good set.   It's a good lesson in "Don't throw anything away".
Jay