News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

R.I.P. RAWms (Roger)

Started by shopratwoody, 2007-06-14 11:47

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

I sent Roger an email to ask some questions and his Wife sent back that he had passed away on 6/9/07.
Very sad
later, Ron
I hate blocksanding!

F570RD

"Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock"........Sad news.Rest well our Ford friend!

57AGIN

Everyone:

That is really sad news.  For his wife and family as well as all of us 57 lovers.  His technical expertise and willingness to share the successes and pitfalls in completing his Ranchero project will be sorely missed.  I had the pleasure of meeting Roger once when he came up to check out some of the 57's in Steve Pierce's Lynwood storage yard.  He was genuinely interested in what I'd done on my 57 and I was really looking forward to seeing his Ranchero in person and letting him tell me about so many of the things he ran into while completing his project. 

Bob
57AGIN

Marc

Sad news indeed. Prayers for him & his family.

dgasman

I am sorry to hear about Roger . My prayers go out to his family . I always enjoyed reading his post and envied him for having the time to work on his projects the way he did. He will be missed.
Kent
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

smurfee

Our prayers to your family ROGER, you now live in the biggest dragstrip around so go for it brother, you'll always be riding with us - SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK

57 Ford Kustom

Some of us were lucky to been able to help Roger in his Ranchero project, most of us got something out of his post. That maybe the reason my email to him on the 12th came back. I would like to add my prayers to his family.

TOM  :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Hoosier Hurricane

A sad time indeed in '57dom.  My prayers are with Roger's family, and I pray that he is in a very happy place now.  John

Ford Blue blood

OMG..........unbelievable!  My thoughts and prayers are with his family.  I am just sitting here really stuned....his last post wasn't too long ago.  You talk about being at a loss for words.  He just retired so he couldn't have been that old....he never spoke of any health issues.  Is there any possibility that any of you that are close by can find out why his family and us were robbed of such a nice guy so suddenly and long before his time....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57AGIN

Hi All:

I did not inquire as to what took Roger, but I did e-mail his wife Diane about the loss to all of us.  A copy of my e-mail and her response follows. 

Thank you very much for the lovely note.  We are going to finish Rogers Ranchero for him.  He was so close and very excited.  He was loved very much by all who knew him.
Thank you again
Roger's wife Diane

Robert Lee wrote:
Roger's Wife and Family:

I was terribly shocked and saddened to hear of Roger's passing.  The thoughts and prayers of me and many fellow 57 Ford owners go out to you and your family in this very difficult time.  Nothing anyone can say will ease the pain and sorrow, but nevertheless please accept my condolences.

I was only fortunate enough to have met Roger once, when he came up to Lynwood to look at some Ford parts.  I knew him primarily through his e-mails to me personally and to the general membership in the 57's club.   He was generous with his help and advice and always shared his successes and even some of the not so successes as he rebuilt his
Ranchero.  He will be missed, but through the legacy of the information he so freely shared we will not forget your Roger. 

God bless you and your family.

Bob

She seems to be a very gracious and nice person and the fact that they will continue Roger's work on the Ranchero is very uplifting .

Bob
57AGIN

meteor

I am at a complete loss for words...my thoughts are with his family.
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

briney

All,

I know he will be missed.

Below is a response from Diane regarding the email I sent her.

I was proud to know him...   :unitedstates:

He will not ever be forgotten by me.

Patrick Briney (Dallas TX)

Patrick thank you for the kind words. 

Roger's illness was sudden and unexpected.  We went out to dinner on Sat. and Monday he was on life support. 
He loved sharing info with all of you guys.  He will be missed by all who knew and loved him.

Diane

I am sorry to hear of Rogers passing.  It was just posted on our 57ford's forever website.  My thoughts are with you and your family.  I did not know if he was sick or was this unexpected?  I and others are shocked.  I had just gotten the note below only a week or so before.

He was a great person to exchange information with regarding car stuff.  I too have a 57 Ranchero like his. 

We also spoke about how he did a similar job that I do now with computers.  I had hoped on meeting him next summer on my trip to California.  I had lived north of you in Anaheim for years.

I and others will really miss him.

God bless, and I will say a prayer for you and your family.

If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Frankenstein57

Sad news, if theres a god in heaven- he probably needed help with his 57 ranchero ,ride on! Mark

JPotter57

I want to say that I am truly sorry for not having checked in earlier.  I always looked forward to Rogers progress reports by email.  I was looking at the last one he sent to me just the other day.  When I came on here and saw that he had passed away, I will be honest, I was floored.  Kinda puts ones own mortality in perspective.  Needless to say, Roger was a great friend to all who knew him, and I just wish I had been fortunate enough to meet him.  Geographics kept that from happening, but at any rate, he was happy to share information and trivia with us all as members.  I want to make a memorial here and the main site for Roger and his Ranchero.  Anyone who has photos of it in a more complete state than I have please send them to me.  I have photos of it without a front clip, but painted and otherwise complete. 
As for our friend, Roger, keep the oil warm, the beer cold, and we'll see you in a little while.  RIP my friend. . .
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

meteor

Well said JPotter57, I am still feeling a bit of disbelief, mainly because Roger had such a presence on this board. I also never met him but he offerred me much advise and help with my 'Ranchero situation' earlier this year.

I think a memorial is a terrific idea.

Matt
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com