News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

steering wheel

Started by jovato8, 2012-05-10 22:05

Previous topic - Next topic

jovato8

Hi! Guys
Once again I am asking for help.
I have removed my steering wheel off my 1957 ford custom 300.
I am having it repaired and will not get it back for awhile.
Meantime I want to drive my car, as I  do quite often and need to mount another steering wheel.
I have had no luck in locating an adapter to mount a different wheel.
Have tried local and internet suppliers and have had no luck.
I thought it would be a simple thing to find, guess I was wrong.
Can someone out there help?

Thanks in advance
Joe

Zapato

I'd forget about an adapter, First I'd be asking here if anyone has a spare wheel that could be bought or even borrowed. If I had one we'd be talking a loan. Obviously it wouldn't need to perfect just functional. Don't know if you can change the thread title if you can do so to NEED STEERING WHEEL! If you can't edit your post and start it with that request in bold capitals.

Am sure someone will step up with a stocker and you won't be wasting money on some adapter and wheel that you'll never use after your wheel comes back home. And don't apologize for needing help. That is what this site is all about.

Offhand I know Rich Muise has a late model steering setup in his car, I wouldn't hesitate to pm him and see if he wants to part with his if he still has it. Rich is good people and wouldn't be put off by you asking.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Wirenut

I've got one but I do not know what the freight would cost. I am in the most southern tip of Texas..If you want I will send, just pick up the freight and it's yours. You would need to let me know how you want it sent. I sent Wilnut someparts UPS and it ran around 20.00, I later sent another piece through the regular mail and it was 6.00. I do not know what it might run since the wheel may be too large for the postal service..If you want mine my e-mail address is rtscinc@aol.com.

gasman826

If you're close, I have one to lend.

Zapato

That didn't take long one loaner and a freebie, wouldn't happen a lot of other places.

Zapato

Frankenstein57

I have an extra in Wisconsin, its rather rough. You could get a wheel cover for it. Mark

jovato8

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2012-05-11 23:13
I have an extra in Wisconsin, its rather rough. You could get a wheel cover for it. Mark

I apologize for my slow respond, but have been crazy around here.
My son is finally coming home, he has been gone 5 years (Marine / Special Ops.)
Well that is a different subject.

All you guys are great !
Thank you, for all the offers and help.
And please let me know if I can help in anyway.
Would like to know a bit more on donations or help needed for the 57fordforever.
I live right outside of Fort Worth, Texas and have a shop not far away in Springtown, Texas.
Thanks all you guys for your support.

God Bless America and keep all our soldiers safe
Joe

Zapato

Joe, thank your son for us.

Zapato

RICH MUISE

Ditto what Zap said.
Fort Worth....Zeez!! another Texas guy...I coulda brought you one a few weeks ago (Pate). I'm in Amarillo. Mine's kinda rough also but your welcome to it if you haven't made arrangements already. The only reason I hadn't jumped in earlier was I was thinking of keeping my entire column and box together in case someone needed one of those.
Just for grins, I've been keeping tract of us Texas guys..you're number 16..check the "all us Texas guys" post I just brought up again, so it'll be right near your thread
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe