News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Just saw this 300 for sale...

Started by robhaerr, 2012-05-24 09:24

Previous topic - Next topic

robhaerr

JPotter57

Nice car but I dont think so....these cars arent that rare, plus you could probably duplicate it for around $50-60K.  I'm figuring max $60k.  He's probably telling his wife, "Hey, I've got it for sale honey, nobody's buying right now..."  been there, done that, lol.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Lou

The write up is the biggest load of BS I've read in a long time. Whoever wrote it must of seen the brail verson of Thunder Road.

JPotter57

LOL....
I just read it and see what you mean.  He must have never seen Thunder Road, because Luke Doolan drove a Fairlane 500 , likely that brown and white combo.
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

Guys:

I agree with your thoughts about the price, way up there.  I must say that the underside of the car is about as clean as I've ever seen.  Not factory original, but clean.  Nice car.

Bob
57 AGIN

By the way:  Whoever did did the sound editing on Thunder Road, sure did mix things up.  Most of the acceleration sounds of Luke driving away sound to me like a 6 cylinder with dual exhausts, not a real Y-block.  Or is it just my faulty hearing (lol).  Just my two cents worth.

JPotter57

I thought the same thing at times, Bob..It was definitely a Y though, showed it two or three times in the garage.
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

LOL...my guilt is overwhelming me...I've never seen Thunder Road. Am I banished?
Anonymous
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mike b

rich,it's a neat moon shinner movie with cool fords and a few bow ties. I think "lucky" a henchman bad guy had the all black custom that ended up over the shoulder in a firey blow up. I luv watching that movie and also Burt Reynolds in "white lightning". Great chase scenes.

robhaerr

rmk57

the black custom 300 was on e-bay last week. The bidding got up to $45,000 and didn't meet the $110,000 buy it now price.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

gasman826

For $110Gs, I would expect the speedo to work.  and what to hell is a 428 Cubic Centimeters.

Pick me up at the airport...give me $110,000 for my car and I'll come get you even on Sunday!!

There are dealers on the internet that will pick you up at the airport.  If you don't like the vehicle, they'll buy the ticket home!

I've went to the Auburn Labor Day auction for years.  I heard tell of people running their car through the auction.  Some just for fun.  Others for braging rights.

JPotter57

I like the yellow one, black one is nicer though.  I'd cruise it.
Old, loud, and fast.

robhaerr

...and Wayne Carini (TV show Chasing Classic Cars) still has this unrestored wagon for sale for nearly 2 years I think...

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1957-Ford-Station+Wagon+Series-394823.xhtml?conversationId=220938

...I saw the episode of Chasing Classic Cars where he bought it from a collector's museum for not much less than $49,500.

Rob

shopratwoody

Love the Car, just not the price. :o
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

As with most everything else, I can see the price of these cars going that high for the nicest examples, that one included.  I believe probably in the next 8-10 years, a lot of stuff will become outrageously priced, to the point that the common man cannot afford it.  That is why I am afraid to ever sell one of my old cars, that I won't ever be able to replace it.  I just hope it doesnt't ever get like the 60's and 70's Mopar muscle cars, where even 6 cylinder rust buckets are going for $10K...ridiculous.
Old, loud, and fast.