News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Members meeting in Colorado

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-05-02 09:52

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Well, leave it to someone from Texas to start the ball rolling on a member get-together in Colorado! Saturday, 4 of us are meeting at Al's (57dohc) home in Black Forest/Colorado Springs. Rich Kuberski is coming down from the Denver area, I'll be coming up from Amarillo, and it's looking like Jon (Hogwagon) and his wife from Fountain/Colorado Springs will be able to join us. How cool is that? Three of us are doing or considering the 4.6 DOHC conversion, and Jon is doing the similar 5.0.
We'd been talking about it in the 4.6 thread, but some of you may not be following that, so I thought I'd post it here.
Wouldn't be happening without this forumn!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Rich:

That is really neat.  Rick and I have been talking about doing something like that out West.  I think there are about 10 club members out here and we are pretty well spread out.  Of course our spread out and yours is very different.  Ours is in time it takes to get around, not in miles driven.  LOL or CryOL?

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

I'm back...what an awesome trip! Great scenery, great cars and a great group of guys. I'll post some pics and lots of info later.
P.S. guys...smooth sailing home..pulled into my driveway shortly after midnight. I even got away from Marty's house without getting lost..except for one wrong turn on Milam when I realized I was going north instead of south...LOL..shouldn't have been following Jon.

RICH MUISE

I'll try to squeeze some info in before I have to get back on my house rebuilding project. We met at Al's (57DOHC) place in the Black Forest area of Colorado Springs. As it turned out, we had great weather. Al's got a beautiful home, a great garage setup and a "barn" which doubles as a storage area for his car collection and tons of work space. It's all nessled under the big pines..I left very envious. Unfortunatly, I got so wrapped up talking to everybody, I neglected to take a whole lot of pics of his cars. Aside from his '57, Al has a '57 T-bird, and a pair of '65(?)super Mustangs, one of which has a 5.0 conversion.
Al's 2 dr Custom 300 is an incredibly solid car...with the exception of the normal floorpans.  Even those are going to require a minimal amount of work.
Al's friend, Marty Phillips met us there also, and we later got a tour of his property....Marty is a very interesting guy with an incredible collection of ,well, just about everything.
The first pics are of the group at Al's. Al is "57DOHC", Jon is "Hogwagon", both us Rich's just use our names. The gorgeous red and white Fairlane is Rich Kuberski's that he drove down from Denver. The second photo has Jon's wife Sue in it.
When we all left Al's to drive a few miles to Marty's, Rich was following me, man it was sure neat to be following Marty's '50 Ford, and  to have that '57 in my rear view mirror.
More to follow later....

RICH MUISE

This was Marty's place. No '57 Fords, but just about all Ford products. When I took thatfirst pic of his signs and barn, I was standing in front of his garage where he is working on a highly modified '54(?) Merc, I guess best described as a 2 dr wagon with a Nomad type pillar...all hand fabed combining two or three vehicles. I unfortunatly didn't get a pic. In the back of that garage, behind several hundered antique radios was a '56 Merc convertible I'm guessing hadn't been touched in 15 years....could see alot of shine thru the dirt! LOL.
That black sedan you can see behind Jon and Rich is Jon's black on black Mercury Marauder..really a sharp looking ride, and of course a 4.6 DOHC Marauder version under the hood.
Notice the Falcon wagon is a sedan delivery. Not in the inside-the-barn pic is a COE he's working on. How about a 4dr '39 Merc(?) convertible, that Lincoln Continental outside, or that '50(?) Woodie??

hogwagon

That was an increadable experience and I truly want to thank each of you so much. Such a diverse group of guys that bonded so well due to a love for a hobby and a certain car. I highly recommend that where ever any of the members could do this make it a must do. We are recharged and back on the project totally inspired by the people and the day. I also really want to thank Al, Marty and Both of the Rich's for being so kind to my wife right in the middle of it all as it is her car and you guys treated her as one of the group without her even knowing it. She took a few pictures that I will get Rich Muise to help load. Jon

RICH MUISE

Well said Jon...I felt the same way. I too am recharged, unfortunatly will have to wait awhile due to my house rebuilding project. LOL..I told my wife I was gonna pray for a long rain spell so I'd get to work on my car for a while. I had so much to think about on my long drive home it really seemed to shorten the trip.
So much interesting stuff to see and talk about I'm not sure we accomplished anything as far as headway on our 4.6 installs. I did pick up several ideas that will help me...Al's showing me the leading exhaust pipes from the Mustang, and a tip on the intake manifold's intake mod at the Pueblo show. I'm going to add pics of those two things in our 4.6 install thread just to keep them together.And..a pic of the Falcon Sedan Delivery I talked about in my previous post
Jon..email me the pics to richardmuise@yahoo.com and I'll post 'em for ya. Hopefully she's got some pics at Als'...can't believe I didn't get pics of his cars.