News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Guy on the HAMB.........

Started by Zapato, 2013-10-08 18:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

........... is building a 4.6 Ford with an interesting twist. Going backwards technology wise but as said interesting. he's converting it to run carbed and with a distributor building it all himself. Opting not to buy an aftermarket intake manifold (who knew one existed) but fabbing his own. Believe its going into a 58 Edsel.

There's no way that he's going to be able to post that build on the HAMB. So am wondering if this is something that he could post over here in our Tech area? What I've seen so far is really impressive.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

(who knew one existed) :006: :003:

There's a company in Alburquerque specializing in different intakes...you can even get a setup with 8 webers. My thought....why take a mod motor and go old school over just starting with old school to begin with.
Got a link to the Hamb thread?
Thanks Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

junior58

Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

sprink88

he said at the end a 58 Edsel
~Chris

Ford Blue blood

If it is a Ranger or Pacer the basis of the 58 Edsel  Jr, series is the 57/58 Ford.  If it is a Sr. series the basis is 58 Mercury.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

junior58

Steve McKnight

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-10-08 19:10
(who knew one existed) :006: :003:

There's a company in Alburquerque specializing in different intakes...you can even get a setup with 8 webers. My thought....why take a mod motor and go old school over just starting with old school to begin with.
Got a link to the Hamb thread?
Thanks Rich
I've seen a people doing it on 5.0 Mustangs just to get rid of all the electronic gizmo crap. Many people can't work on EFI, like me  :003:. A single Holley 4V is a lot easier to deal with plus being a lot cheaper when repairs are required. I read one artical where they tested the same engine on a dyno with both EFI and a carb and the difference was minimal as far as HP/torque and economy, like 2-5% .
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

junior58

We have a speedway class here in NZ that run with a max. 248 cubic inch engine limit. Some guys have been using the quad cam Ford downsized to this limit, running single 4 barrel (no EFI allowed), some using fabricated manifold, some using a Sullivan manifold, pulling anywhere from 4-500 hp, depending on who built your engine and what other development has been done.
Steve McKnight

4thgen57

Correct me if I'm wrong but edelbrock makes a 4 bbl intake for the 4.6. Still uses the coil on plug and an msd module for timing. Do not know about using a distributor on a mod motor