News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Interior paint color code

Started by Randyh, 2014-12-21 09:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Randyh

Would anyone know a paint code for the grey metallic paint used on the interior of a Custom? 

RICH MUISE

Not positive, but I think they have the paint codes at www.1957ford.com
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Randyh

Rich,
The interior grey code shown on the paint chip sheet is 90937, I looked that up on Paintref.com and the chip color looks way too light to be the correct one.  Either the chip color is wrong or that code is different than the color used in customs.
Thought someone here may have sorted out the correct color.

lalessi1

I got a tip from a guy a while back...I used Duplicolor BGM0522 "Storm Gray Metallic" It matched the back of my trim perfectly. An added bonus is that it dries to a semigloss sheen that matches the original finish as well since it is intended to have a clear coat. If nothing else you should be able to find out what original color it matches.
Lynn

Randyh

I looked it up, that color is 2003-2005 GM color code 14 Storm gray.  I will check that out.
Thanks,

suede57ford

Actually, the very close color match is called "Warm Gray Metallic"  of late eighties GM Astro Van.   I can go out to the shop and look up the actual code tomorrow morning.     Most people pick too gray a color like a gunmetal.

57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

lalessi1

Randyh, let us know what you think and end up using. Curious about your opinion.
Lynn

Randyh

I am planning on trying these out this week.  I may end up with a custom mix if necessary, I will post the results.
Randy

lalessi1

Randyh did you ever come up with a color?
Lynn

SkylinerRon

Originally Duco lacquer #90937 (discontinued in the 70's)
Ford # M-21-726D
Ditzler # DF31430 (lacquer w/flattener)
Hopefully someone can mix this # for you.

Ron.

Randyh

I haven't found a perfect match yet.  A friend says he knows a place that still mixes up lacquer paint, I am going to look in to that to see if they can mix the Duco 90937 or color match a part.