News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

F code Fairlane article on Foxnews

Started by Randyh, 2015-03-18 20:39

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Way cool interesting article... What is a 162 Fairlane sedan I wonder.
Lynn

hiball3985

I think they were saying 193,162 units were built of that model.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

That was an interesting story about the original purchaser.  It was cool how the F code parts were found also.  I'm glad that someone had the presence of mind to save them. 

lalessi1

Duh... (might have been the beer). There was only (1) F code 4 dr Fairlane 500? WOW!
Lynn

Randyh

Any idea how they know it is the only 4 door 'F' code produced?

Ray

OK, background. Jim Weatherly was kind enough to take me "under his wing" in the early days. If you want to know anything about "F" model cars, he is probably the world expert. According to my recollection, the Detroit T-bird club had a member (Lois Eminger) that worked at Ford. She discovered that Ford was disposing of all the "gate release" copies of invoices for 1955-1957 in the mid 1980"s. She convinced Ford to turn them over to t he club. All supercharged T-birds and most passenger cars were produced at Dearborn. The Detroit Club separated all the T-bird invoices and all the passenger car "E" and "F" invoices they could and saved them. If you have a Detroit manufactured T-bird or "E" or "F" passenger car, they probably have the invoice. If you request a copy they will send it to you> This is probably the reference for that comment. Although I cannot be certain at this point, I believe that 2 or 3 other plants produced supercharged passenger cars though that might only apply to "D-F" or phase one cars.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

RICH MUISE

Great info...thanks for posting. Welcome to the forum, btw.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

sprink88

That was a cool read. Nice us fordors get something. lol
~Chris

Hoosier Hurricane

I wouldn't take the entire story as gospel.  The numbers quoted for the total numbers of F codes are not completely accurate.  Since the car was recently offered at one of the high roller auctions, I think some of the article was pre-sale hype.  Still a neat article, and the number of 4 door F codes could be true.

John

jseth83

That was a cool article.  I wonder what it ended up going for....
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

lalessi1

I checked Mecum Auctions in Kissimmee in January and couldn't find it....
Lynn