News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Quiet

Started by alvin stadel, 2020-09-13 10:01

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Sure is quiet here on the site again. I know everyone is getting the best they can out of the last days of summer. We have had very few car shows or cruses this summer, I just get out and drive for something to do that I find enjoyable.  Can't watch TV, except for the Western channel in the evening. I am so sick of political adds, Black Lives Matter, riots and the rest of the crap that is on the screen.  That's  why I come here at least twice a day just to read what the rest of you are up to, and look at Cobra Joe's and Dave's pictures.  Any more I find that a ice cold beer and this site makes my day.   Take care, stay safe, Alvin

mustang6984

Been working on the house here in MO this last 10 days. heading back to WA today for another load and to work on THAT house. Hope to get it listed soon and sold soon as well. Looking more and more like my last trip out here may well be the long one...down the west side and across the southern route to avoid towing in snow.

As for the rest of your observations...yep...pretty much true!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

Pretty much whole west coast is in a blanket of smoke from out of control forest fires. The air quality is at a 10 rating in Vancouver, second worst in the world, with Portland being the most hazardous. It's kind of strange. Hazy out, like fog, no sunlight and cool, like October, November weather.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

lalessi1

I have been working on the '57, recirculating fuel supply system. We were going to the beach for a week today but Hurricane Sally has stopped that. Now looks like we will be getting some of that here. I work on my house as well just got a little more storage in my "garage". I spend a lot of time in and around the pool and beer is my friend too. I am also sick and tired of all the stuff going on in our world so I have made my own "world".... My friends call it LynnLand
Lynn

SkylinerRon

Just sitting around watching the Redskins oops, Washington Football Team play philly.

Between blm and the election I just can't wait for Nov5th. The media needs a new bone to chew on.

Ron.

gasman826

I'm trying to select valve springs for unusual cam lobe profile.   My poor little head is just a spinnin'!

RICH MUISE

I've been doing my normal roadtrips and drives. A few car shows going on here and there. I would have drove to Oklahoma for the Lead Sled show in Dewey, but my wife had to go in the hospital for some stents in the arteries next to her heart (90% blockage in 2). I thought when she told me about it, it was more involved, like opening her chest up to get to the heart area, but no, medical is so advanced nowadays, it was a 30 minute proceedure. They went into the arteries in her groin area, and I can't even see where they went in. Totally freakin' amazing! Anyways, all went well, and she's running around today like nothing happened.
We had a cold spell for 3 or 4 days..actually went from mid 90's to an overnight low in the high 30's, now back to normal low 80's. I'm trying to get my garage door repainted. Got a first coat on today, but I didn't realize how much paint the Wagner sprayer was throwing out and got runs all over the place in the first coat, so I had to stop and let it dry overnight so I could power sand it tomorrow and do the second coat. Urgg! The good thing was it only took about 15 minutes to spray the double wide door and looks great (except for......). I also got done about 1/2 the windows and trims in the front repainted. I'm hoping the weather holds so I can get the rest of the front done this fall.
I haven't watched much TV for years....usually ball games on my PC in season, or forums or games.  I get too depressed watching TV. Tons to say about that, but we DO have to not get political here, so I won't start.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

Hi,
I frequent about 4-5 forums and yes they are all quiet.  I dont do Facebook, but apparently a lot of traffic goes there now?

I get outside to do some clean when I can but in Los Angeles the air is pretty bad.

I still need to clean the gastank on my old project, go it running last week. I did mostly clean up of the parts pile that came with it. Posted some things for free even on the board here. Nothing.
I need to get some paper work done on it before spending too much on it.

With the overlay of all the things happening we are sort of trapped in our house for the time being. We just dont want to get sick either way.

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

rmk57

Quote from: gasman826 on 2020-09-13 16:25
I'm trying to select valve springs for unusual cam lobe profile.   My poor little head is just a spinnin'!

Solid roller? Which engine is this for?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

John Palmer

Quote from: gasman826 on 2020-09-13 16:25

LOL, Looks like the "roller, with a dent" lobe profile. 

Probably triple springs, (actually double with a dampener in the middle).

djfordmanjack

this has been such an annoying year so far. the news are so terrible all the time, I actually stopped listening to the radio 6 months ago. I never bought a new TV set when they changed over to digital format, so I have been without TV for over 5 yrs now. I am not missing it a bit.
didn't attend a single cruise this year, our typical friends/car BBQs all got canceled and we didn't make our annual seaside trip....only attended 1 live band (open air) concert in 7 months. its all really tiring.
But on a bright side, family and friends are all well, business is good and the weather changed from swamp like wet summer months to great late summer now.
Also the 57 Country Sedan got safety inspection a week ago and I picked up my plates. So I am good to go and usually we can drive until mid or late November over here before the roads get salted. So I might as well take her on a round trip in October hopefully.

Jeff Norwell

Been steady on my 57 and very busy with work... yes..I turn the news completely off.....Too depressing.
Driving my coupe and don't mind the no car show season.. I would rather just go for a nice long cruise then sit in some large field and pay 30 bucks to do so.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

CobraJoe

Hey Alvin, sorry, been a little busy as of late and often wondered if people actually looked at the stuff I've posted as there usually aren't many responses. Funny thing, I post this stuff to a couple of forums I'm on and I actually got the same question this morning, lol.
Anyways, I'll try and do my best to at least post in the Ford Pic thread and random picture threads I started.
As far as football, and other sports for that matter, I'm done. I too, am also getting sick of the media and their bull $hit coverage/spin on things. I don't know about you guys, but I watch sports to get away from the reality of the world; I was not happy with the whole Colin Kaepernick thing and was happy to see him get blackballed from the league, now, no matter where you turn in sports, everyone has something to say about something. Hell, the Miami Dolphins won't even come out of their locker room while the National anthem is playing, now the black anthem is being played first, and so on and so on....
I am not prejudice, but I believe all lives matter, but I don't want to see it on the back of players jerseys.
Now yesterday, we had a little six year old boy, praying to God for his mother life to be saved because some piece of $hit coward shot her, and another officer at point blank range, while they were sitting in their cruiser and the NFL is honoring the same group that was outside her hospital chanting "We hope she dies!"
yeah, I'm all done with sports.....
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

rmk57

Was that the two cops in Compton.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Fabulous50s

I completly agree, I haven't watched TV in many years. I watch YouTube if I want something entertaining.

Here in the far northeast, work has been over the top busy. I hardly get enough time to drive my sedan. Threw a hubcap last week, and just tonight lost the linkage to 2nd/3rd. Easy fixes, but it was my best hubcap! Looked in the ditch full of birdox and the woods for over an hour, no dice.

Ebay had an equally good one for $50. And I discovered cotter pins stay in place and hitch pins do not!
Taylor....north of ordinary!

59 Galaxie 500 Town Sedan, 352 2-speed Ford-O-Matic.. changing to 3+O/D Granada Toploader.