News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

3 `57 Couriers, not mine...LOOK!! Lowered price!!

Started by JPotter57, 2011-03-19 19:43

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Hey guys, I got an email from this fellow today, seems he has not one, but three `57 Couriers he wants to sell.  From the photos, his price seems fair.  Take a look at his Craigslist ad.  He is located in Knoxville, TN, just up the road from my old place...here is his email in its entirety:

Hello,
My brother asked me to try and list his 57 Ford Sedan Delivery vehicles for sale.  He has 3 of them and they are located in Knoxville, TN.  I have them listed on Craigslist for him, but I found your site and thought he might get better results from listing them there.  Here is the link to the CL ad:
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/2261112912.html
If you could post something or a link to the CL ad I would be most appreciative.
Thanks,
Hugh Cannon

Hello,
Thank you for posting the ad for Oscar.  He is running out of time on these, as he really needs the space.  Anyway, last night he asked me to change the ad to a lower price.  He is now asking $1800 each, or $3000 for all of them.    His original plan was to build one of them, and sell the other 2, but ended up with a different sedan delivery project that diverted his time, money, and efforts.  Right now he is getting close to finishing the other car and his wife is giving him grief.  I am sure you understand.  Anyway, if you could add to that post you did, that his prices have gone down I would appreciate it.  Thanks again!
Cheers,
Hugh Cannon
865-385-1420

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Lou

I'm not sure, but from the pictures they all look to have the station wagon style rear door, cool and rare.

JPotter57

Thats what I thought too Lou.  Fairly decent price on them, and I would say that it is negotiable to some degree.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

suede57ford

They all appear to have the correct Cedan Delivery rear gate.   You can tell by the 3 piece rear windows and the external hinges above the back window.  A wagon has no exposed hinges.

It is amazing that one guy collected 3-4 black ones.  There were 2 more in James's area last year.   That's a lot in one area for such a rare car.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429