News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

seat risers

Started by RICH MUISE, 2012-06-17 00:56

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Anybody got a set of adjustable seat risers they want to sell?  I'm looking for risers that can get into the 2 1/2" height range. Need for 2 bucket seats. last time I looked at new ones, they had doubled in price from 3 years ago..should have bought some then.
LOL...no, I don't want a 2 1/2 foam pad to sit on. (I'm looking at ebay too much)
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Rich just go to your local sheet metal place (or fab shop) and have them bend a couple of 16 ga. pieces and drill and slot them yourself?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Kinda did the same thing with utility angle..same as you'd find on shelving units. It worked, but with all the punched holes and slots a little too skimpy, and Mickey Mouse looking. I also thought about using strut channel (12 ga.) they sell at home depot and lowes...only about 18 bucks for 10 ft length...and tack welding 2 strips together to get the height. This would work, be rigid, but present attaching problems. A trip to local supply houses only turned up one u-channel, but had 3/8 walls, which would be overkill. In this area, I would have to buy a full sheet of material, so adding the shearing braking charges would get it to a $ point where I may as well spend the 160. for premade risers.
Jeep wranglers have removable risers, but the bottoms are contoured to fit the Jeep floorpan.
My main thing at this point is a time problem....my wife shortened my honey-do list to only one item....rebuild the 1926 house her sister left to us before she retires in 5 years.

RICH MUISE

Got the seat riser situation figured out today without spending a whole lot of dollars...My sixth trip to the salvage yard in the past week or so netted me, amongst other things, a pair of risers out of a mini van (pontiac Montana I think). They were from the middle row bucket seats.They will be very easy to adapt...I just need to cut of the catches where they latched onto the floor gismos and weld on tabs at the bottom to bolt to the floor. I'll post a pic in the general discusion area thread where we were talking about salvage yards. Oh yeah...only 20 bucks for both risers.