News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rotten drivers quarter panel, license plate brackets, bumper jacks

Started by CableguyJJS3, 2013-10-21 19:28

Previous topic - Next topic

CableguyJJS3

Ok guys, new parts list I'm looking for. I know weird asking for a rotten quater panel, but I hate to cut up a good one. On the wagon, the previous owner installed some kind of goofy mini gas door that I am not a fan of at all. So it needs to go back to stock. I don't need a whole quater panel, just a few inches around the gas door as well as the inner structure so I can cut the modification from my quater and take it back to stock. And still looking for original bumper jacks for all 3 cars. Now I also need 2 license plate brackets for the rear for the Ranchero and the wagon. Let me know what you have and price shipped to 13421. Thanks.
Ban low performance driver's, not high performance cars.

RICH MUISE

fyi...there is a difference between 6 cyl and 8 cyl radiators. The mounting brackets for the 6 move the radiator forward to allow more room for the longer 6 cyl motor. Also, at least the top inlet is reversed. 6cyl top is on drivers side..8cyl top is on passenger side.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CableguyJJS3

Thanks for the clarification Rich, I figured there was a difference. That said, a V-8 radiator would be the one I'd need then. Thanks.  Jim

Frankenstein57

I've saved some quarter stuff, what body?

Rudy Netotea

This there a difference in the radiator support between the v8 and the 6?

CableguyJJS3

It's a 2 door Del Rio wagon. I didn't know there was a difference in the bodies as far as the gas door and the structure behind it went though. I guess anything is possible as far as these cars go though..

Hoosier Hurricane

Passenger cars have the gas filler in the center, rear, behind the license plate.  Wagons and Rancheros have the side gas filler doors.  John

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Rudy Netotea on 2013-10-21 22:03
This there a difference in the radiator support between the v8 and the 6?
No. Core supports are the same on all full size passenger car models regardless of drivetrain. What makes the difference is the mounting bracket on the sides of the radiator. On the 6's the bracket's leg is towards the back, so when it's bolted to the core support the radiator is moved forward between the uprights on the core support.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

I have a radiator..will prob need recore but tanks are nice.  Here's the kicker..I live in Mississippi.  If you want it, $50 plus shipping...or I might be able to work out something else...give me a few and I may be able to get there for the cost of the rad...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

CableguyJJS3

Quote from: Hoosier Hurricane on 2013-10-22 06:55
Passenger cars have the gas filler in the center, rear, behind the license plate.  Wagons and Rancheros have the side gas filler doors.  John

Your absolutely right, and I even knew that, had a brain fart my apologies. So yeah I'd need the gas door structure out of a wagon or a ranchero. And let me know what you come up with for the radiator, I am fine with covering the shipping, or working out something else. Thanks!!

CableguyJJS3

Thanks for the radiator James, much appreciated. Still looking for the gas door assembly from a wagon or a Ranchero and the bumper jacks. Also I have found out I need at least 2 license plate brackets for the rear. These are also for the wagon and the Ranchero. Let me know. Thanks.

JPotter57

Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

Have you tried Randy Connor?  He's a good guy, has lots of 57s and is on out site. I know that he has wagons.

JPotter57

Old, loud, and fast.

CableguyJJS3

I do not know him no, but thanks for the info and the lead, I will give it a shot. Thanks!