News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

seat springs

Started by gasman826, 2020-01-10 18:45

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

Oiled up the sewing machine and took the front seat apart only find a bunch of broken frames and springs.  The frames are not a problem but I have no springs.  Does anyone know of a spring supplier.  Does anyone have a seat that they would remove the springs and ship...just the springs not the frame.  Anyone?

The upholstery suppliers have rolls of GM style spring material but so far I've found no supplier for '57 Ford style spring.

gasman826

Marc

Where did you find them? I couldn't find anything when I was working on my seat. Ended up buying an old seat that still had some good springs to offer from a guy on Craigslist.

gasman826

Sheer luck!  FaceBooks Marketplace had a listing for a recently upholstered '57 Custom, split front seat.  I was all over it.  Eight hours later, I was back home from near Chicago with a nice, fresh seat with matching color, matching fabric, and close-enough patterns!  A quick shampoo and it is going in the Raunch Wagon.  ...better lucky than good!!!

Marc

fdlrc

FYI for anyone needing springs for front seat. I just got back from shop. I had my seats redone and didn't use the springs. They are in very good shape. Bottom and seat back, I'll never use them.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

gasman826

Would you box up just the springs (no frames) and ship to Michigan?  Even though I have another seat, I would still like to fix the original seat.

fdlrc

I've got a guy locally with 1st dibs, but won't know until next week I'm guessing. Either way, I'll let you know.

fdlrc

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. A local guy will use my old springs, sorry.

gasman826